Sorry if this isn't in the right section, I don't really post.

Okay, so I'm re-stringing my Jackson DX10D with a floating floyd, and I took all the strings off to clean the bridge(it was dusty as hell - never really cleaned.) and now I'm restringing it with a set of Ernie Ball Beefy Slinkys, and I just restrung up to the D, and I'm totally not able to use it. The action on that 1 string is alot lower than all the others for some reason. It's hitting up against the frets if I hit some of the lower frets on it, and I was wondering why this was doing this.

Sorry if this is kind of a retarded question, but this is urgent, IMO.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
bump.

EDIT: The reason I bumped it this late was because I've been looking around, and I can't find a fix to this problem. Plus, I've also been putting it off.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
gotta get all the strings on and get the bridge floating.

once all the strings are on and tension'd a little, the bridge will begin to float, then you have to continually (and systematically) tweak and retune every string in series until the bridge floats even and you're in tune.

FR bridges are bitches.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Jan 10, 2010,
Yeah, I knew that, but what I'm talking about, is the the D string's action is alot lower than the E or the A string's action.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
Quote by emerald876
Yeah, I knew that, but what I'm talking about, is the the D string's action is alot lower than the E or the A string's action.

Does the bridge appear to be 'sinking' into it's route? Or is it still parallel? If it's parallel then just increase the action. Although have you got all 6 strings on yet? Because just reading your first post again it seems like you don't.
Did you take the saddles off to clean it? Each saddle is a different height, to match the radius of the fingerboard. The must go back in the same position, or you'll have a problem like you described.