I tried typing this before, but for some reason forums are stupid and they nullify your entry if you take too long, soo...
FYI, I wasnt sure if this was the right place to put this thread.

Anyways, I've been taking guitar lessons for a little over a year now, and I'm doubting whether I'm doing very good or not. My guitar teacher says 'I have a future' but I cant tell if he's just trying to be nice...
I've been taking guitar lessons for a little over a year and I can play a couple 'novice' songs. I can play 'novice' songs if they arent too hard, or, on the borderline of 'intermmediate'...
Right now I can play Whats Up People by Maximum the Hormone, Sugar by System of a Down, and Hooch by Sum 41 (except for the solo)

Am I on the right track for my guitar playing?
Last edited by Wuai Bel Ree at Dec 17, 2009,
your like so ridiculously far behind

pretty sure i lapped you
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Well what can you play?

How old are you?

I wouldn't expect a career in guitar, but maybe some gigs on the side when you get better?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I dunno. Everybody is different.
And Tahiti> Bermuda.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Dude I could play Canon Rock from memory 2 weeks after I started guitar.

I've never heard anybody play Canon Rock on their dick before. You are an exceptional talent indeed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Yeah but he's not at that stage yet.
Let him gradually get there.

Once again sir a valid point.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by lzcougarz3
Dude I could play Canon Rock from memory 2 weeks after I started guitar.

show off.

well i would say you are behind. i am self taught, started in 7th grade and could play simple songs like those after the first year. now really, i havent gotten much farther than that, because i need a teacher. and different people learn at different speeds. i play viola which helps with the guitar
I've been playing for over a year and I can't shred and I don't know theory. However, I've been teaching myself and I can play pretty good. So you're better than me, I can play harder songs, but you have a guitar teacher, so you're better.
Well, I guess some contributing factors may be that I'm a bad student...I don't really listen to the booksmart parts of the lesson because I have that attention disorder...
Or it may be that I never really have time to practice or that I don't practice because someones always around in my house.
Either I'm usually doing homework, taking little breaks to play a game, and by the time I'm done with my homework it's too late to play guitar because I might wake my sister up.
Then I get a little self-conscious because my parents are really bothered by having a guitar booming through the house...doesnt help to the fact its usually a bunch of mumbo jumbo.
Though after 9:25 a.m. tomorrow, Winter Break starts...I'll try practicing more, and just get a pair of headphones for Christmas. Then I'll make a New Years Resolution to dedicate more time to guitar practice. Then I better expand my music horizons. That may be one reason I'm behind.
Thanks for letting me know I'm behind lol

@slipknot, i dont think the simple fact that i have a teacher makes me 'better than you'
Last edited by Wuai Bel Ree at Dec 17, 2009,
Quote by Carlos Again
you should be able to sweep serrana by now

I've been playing for over forty years and the only thing I can sweep are floors.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I've never heard anybody play Canon Rock on their dick before. You are an exceptional talent indeed.

I laugh at your statement and inquire as to what it means.
Quote by Wuai Bel Ree
Well, I guess some contributing factors may be that I'm a bad student...I don't really listen to the booksmart parts of the lesson because I have that attention disorder...
Or it may be that I never really have time to practice or that I don't practice because someones always around in my house.
Either I'm usually doing homework, taking little breaks to play a game, and by the time I'm done with my homework it's too late to play guitar because I might wake my sister up.
Then I get a little self-conscious because my parents are really bothered by having a guitar booming through the house...doesnt help to the fact its usually a bunch of mumbo jumbo.
Though after 9:25 a.m. tomorrow, Winter Break starts...I'll try practicing more, and just get a pair of headphones for Christmas. Then I'll make a New Years Resolution to dedicate more time to guitar practice. Then I better expand my music horizons. That may be one reason I'm behind.
Thanks for letting me know I'm behind lol

@slipknot, i dont think the simple fact that i have a teacher makes me 'better than you'

Do you enjoy playing? Are you having fun? If you answer yes to both of those who cares where you or others think you should be. It's irrelevant.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Do you enjoy playing? Are you having fun? If you answer yes to both of those who cares where you or others think you should be. It's irrelevant.

exactly what i was going to say
Quote by Jackal58
I dunno. Everybody is different.
And Tahiti> Bermuda.

Barbados>Tahiti>Bermuda
Quote by lzcougarz3
I laugh at your statement and inquire as to what it means.

You gave a dick answer. I assumed that was the instrument you were most proficient at.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
You gave a dick answer. I assumed that was the instrument you were most proficient at.

Even though I agree it's a dick answer either way, you do realize I was not serious, right?
Quote by lzcougarz3
Even though I agree it's a dick answer either way, you do realize I was not serious, right?

And I hope you realize that I was just poking at you as well.
If I had flamed you there would be no doubt in anybodies mind what had just occurred.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi