So my brother has an Ibanez Gio (this is the closest thing I can find to it, his is black and white and looks a bit diff, must be a newer model, the one my brother owns is at least few years old http://www.samash.com/p/GRX20ZRD%20GRX%20Gio%20Electric%20Guitar%20Red_-49953710, nothing impressive, but, I really like the way it feels when playing it. I guess its just the neck or the fretboard.

I have a Dean...don't exactly know the model. Anyways, it just doesn't feel the same playing it, and I like the Ibanez so much better.

Any guitars that have a similar feel? I don't really perfer any expensive ones, but anything up to like $500 or so.

Also, if there are any Gibson robot guitars like this, please let me know.(I know it contradicts what I just said about it being expensive but whatever)

Thanks.
Last edited by apwhitelaw at Dec 17, 2009,
Gios have their own necks. Playing one really doesn't give you any idea what a regular (or high-end) Ibanez is going to feel like.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Gios have their own necks. Playing one really doesn't give you any idea what a regular (or high-end) Ibanez is going to feel like.

Precisely this. I loved my Gio's neck, but the Prestige, as nicely as it plays, the neck is too thin and flat for me.
The Gio neck is a bit fatter then the Wizard necks. When I went from my Gio to my S470, the neck was much thinner and quicker. After playing the Wizard neck, I am just so used to it.
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
The most comfortable Ibanez I have ever played was an Iceman IC800. But that is $799.99. If I had an extra 800 bucks to throw down, I'd own that right now. It felt like it was the most flawless thing in the world. It felt like the most right thing...ever. I seriously, no joke, almost cried after playing it. When you find that certain guitar that kills you when you leave the store, you'll know what I'm talking about... But anyway, I have an Ibanez RG321MH and I absolutely love it. I picked it up used at Sam Ash for $199. I have never had a problem, but I am hoping to replace the pickups with Seymour Duncans. They sell them new for $300, but now they only come in a Mahogany Oil, which I don't care for. The RG2EX1, or something like that, is basically the same guitar but with passive EMG-esque pickups. Go play one sometime. They aren't high end guitars, but they are still amazing nonetheless.
R.I.P. Paul Gray 04/08/72 - 05/24/10
Only the good die young...
The music may have died but the memories will live on in our hearts forever...
I'm gonna miss you Paul... Maggot for Life...