Hey, bass forum I bought a GSR200 upon this forums overwhelming support of it as a beginner bass. I love the sound and feel of it, but I find it looks pretty plain. Any suggestions to make it look more punk/used? I'm mainly just looking for aesthitics but hardware/electronics are welcome as well. Mine is black if it matters (my bass that is ) thanks in advance.
Just use it. Don't abuse it, but use it. Maybe put some stickers on it that spell out personal things, or of bands that you obsess over, or maybe even draw a penis on it.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
DO NOT BY ANY MEANS SAND IT TO LOOK MORE "WORN IN"

it looks terrible and destroys resale value. I guess if you want to punk it out band stickers as mentioned before, Theres a trick to getting those off that I can't remeber right now, or draw/write something on it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Just hire Ashton Kutcher =)

Seriously, stickers, textas, paints, whatever. Just express yourself all over your bass as long as you don't damage it that is..
If you have to ask someone else, it's not punk

/thread
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Honestly, the resale value is so low on a GSR200 that you can really do whatever you want. Stickers as mentioned before would work, I painted the pickup covers on mine if that gives you any inspiration. Just using it will wear it in. If it gets nicks, dents, or scratches, you can just leave them and not repair them to make it look more beaten. Don't neglect necessary maintenance though
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by leviathon22
Ahh thats cold

sorry bud but i 2nd his motion. its just not as punk if you ask someone else for help.
Quote by leviathon22
Ahh thats cold

I didn't mean to be harsh, but I feel like it's pretty true.

Punk is about doing your own thing, and making lots of noise doing it

One day it'll dawn on you how to customize it, and when you do and it looks bad-ass you'll see what I's saying
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?
Quote by G33z3r
Coloured strings and stickers, paints, texters, etc all work.

i dont recommend colored strings i accidently bought some before (red) and the paint stains your fingers and chips off then you just look like a jackass
I say dip it in boiling acid and cut of its testicles!
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I say dip it in boiling acid and cut of its testicles!

that could work but punk should inspire you. you shouldnt have to be inspired for punk.if you must use stickers and paint splatters. my sis did that to make her guitar look bloody.it was pretty dope
U want to make it look punk....wow....

Go put somme twink 182 stickers and sum 41 stickers...and then right.
" my people ruind punk, im a poser, justin queefer is god.

Punk is nothing about looks kid.. Its attitude. Ir a life style..its not green day or whatver. Its how u feel.
And asking how to look punk...isnt punk lol

U want to make it punk and b punk. B yourself. Dont do the cool style thing. And b original
With ur own ideas...dont ask ppl cause then ur basicly wanting to know how to

DIY
Youll get it done right

Sry if i was a dick but seriusly
Music is my religion and Rock N Roll is god
I dig lo0nyt0on's punk attitude to spelling and punctuation. You should take inspiration from that, TS.
hes one of those kids thats going to order a bunch of patches from angryyoungandpoor and put them all over his jacket to look really cool

Omg u herd of angry young and poor? How cool!
Me to!!!!

Accualy i make my patches myself and imdo have a jacket..dont wear it anymore cause im to busy workin

As i stated i wasnt trying to b a dick

Also

Im on my gfs ipad and it has a broke screen. It acts up

I appologized for being a asshole to the kid....but im not pickin fights on a messagw board like some ppl

But the irony of asking how to b punk...is retarded lol
Music is my religion and Rock N Roll is god
Last edited by lo0nyt0on at Mar 16, 2011,
I do kinda agree with your posts, but you could BE less of an asshole. I mean I know its pretty punk to BE a douchebag and everything, but BE free to do your own thing man. you don't have to BE an asshole to BE punk.

also BE IS A TWO LETTER WORD! srsly
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by lo0nyt0on
Omg u herd of angry young and poor? How cool!
Me to!!!!

Accualy i make my patches myself and imdo have a jacket..dont wear it anymore cause im to busy workin

As i stated i wasnt trying to b a dick

Also

Im on my gfs ipad and it has a broke screen. It acts up

I appologized for being a asshole to the kid....but im not pickin fights on a messagw board like some ppl

But the irony of asking how to b punk...is retarded lol

Girlfriend? iPad? Sounds like bourgeois poseur treachery to me.
Too bad, I saw TS guitar in a Kansas pawnshop: glittery sequins adored the headstock, it appeared that some sorta prairie barbed wire was wrapped around the upper-horn, and a quote from 'The grapes of wrath' under the pickup that read, I know this … a man got to do what he got to do.
The Grapes of Wrath
Chapter 18
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS