Basically i want a delay for tone thickening, slap back and for lead stuff
I dont need a looper or ridiculously long delay times
Im influenced by John Petrucci, Gilmour, knpofler, clapton, iron maiden, vai, satch, eric johnson etc

Budget: 400 Australian, i will probably buy off ebay from the US because of markup, but would prefer to try the delay before i buy

Probably want analog, i like the warmth they give. delays i have looked at are the deluxe memory man, boss delays, hardwire delay, carbon copy and the TC Nova repeater, which is probably the one im leaning towards at the moment.

Any suggestions?
RIP Gooze

cats
I am also looking into buying a delay pedal soon. From what I hear and read, deluxe memory man, and MXR carbon copy are the way to go for analog delay.

But always try before you buy!
Last edited by bokma at Dec 18, 2009,
I know the nova isnt analog, but it sounds a lot less digital then say boss, and can model analog
timefactor looks great... is a lot more expensive then the nova, but im interested
RIP Gooze

cats
I have a MXR Carbon Copy and a TC electronics G Major effects Proccessor. So in a way I have TC electronics Delays in a different package. Both sound great, i have more variation on the G major but its rackmount so thats why. Anyways I also like the carbon copy, you can get a lot of neat analog delay sounds that you dont really need but have. So ultimatly you would be safe with either the MXR CC or TC Electronics. The TC having more control over the delay but it takes more space in your pedal board, where as the carbon copy is simple straightforward and sounds good and is smaller, but has a little less variation.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by mulefish
I know the nova isnt analog, but it sounds a lot less digital then say boss, and can model analog
timefactor looks great... is a lot more expensive then the nova, but im interested

I didn't the Nova Delay......I like Analog and i don't need alot of options......I love Maxon!! The AD-900 is sweet and You can find some good deals looking Used!
i've never tried the 999 but it's probly like a great pair of BooB does it matter which one??