So, I don't like the tonal character of my current wah. Pretty much all guitarists I like who don't use a rackmount Crybaby that play with a wah frequently enough for note of it seem to use a "Vox wah wah" as they all describe it. Since it's the size of a crybaby and has a silver top it's not a Big Bad Wah(Except in Satch's case) or a V845, I figure it's the only other Vox wah, a V847. I play a myriad of things and usually write in a genre somewhere between progressive rock, blues-rock, and instrumental guitar rock, with a little Jazz leaking in lately. Nothing too high-gain(The most I use is a Tubescreamer that, when I want longer sustain and a chance of feedback I crank, or an MXR distortion based on the Distortion III that I leave at about 3 o'clock.) except for an occasional application of Big Muff, so I don't need it to sound awesome all the time with heavy amounts of distortion, just have that vocal kind of quality with some overdrive and clean. Would this wah work any better than my GCB-95, or should I keep moving?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Dec 18, 2009,
It's practically the same thing as your GCB-95. The one they're typically referring to is the old V846, Clyde McCoy and the grey one. I'd say look up some mods for your GCB-95 and save the money. You'll wind up with a pretty kick ass pedal if you just follow the instructions on wah-wah.co.uk
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I feel no shame in admitting when I solder, things tend to go from fixable to totaled, so modding it myself is out of the question. That said though, I see a lot of ads for modding services. I hear a lot of great stuff about Robert Keeley's work, would a true bypass mod, a yellow fasel mod, and a bass sweep mod from him do what I want?

And as long as I've mentioned Keeley, as long as I'm sending the wah to him, since they'll likely fit in the same box, would it be worth my while to send him my tubescreamer for a flexi mod too? I have a backup distortion I can use until it comes back and due to it's sound I don't use my wah much, so for the improvements if they're noticeable, it wouldn't be a huge cost to me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0