okay i been playing guitar for like a year with tabs and i am self tought and i dont know how to read chords becuase i never took lessons or anything soo any suggestions how i can learn to read them?
the notes of a chord are the same as reading note-by-note tabs. you can spot a chord by seeing 2 or more numbers that are placed directly over each other, meaning you would play them at the same time, thus making them a chord.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by stevenpollock
the notes of a chord are the same as reading note-by-note tabs. you can spot a chord by seeing 2 or more numbers that are placed directly over each other, meaning you would play them at the same time, thus making them a chord.

i just dont realy get the x's when u put ur mouse over a chords it shows them in diffrent places with no numbers so its kind of confuseing
Those x's you're talking about... do you mean in Tab or in cord charts?

In Tab is means a dead string. Ie, finger muted.
In cord charts, it means don't strum 'em.

Hope that helps.
in a chord diagram like: ( open G for example)
1 2 3
|-|-|x|
|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|
|-|x|-|
|-|-|x|

=

so the x represents the fretted note. the line represents the fret position (ie; 1st fret 1st string (or high E), etc, and so on).

You should just google it or look on this site.. Theres bound to be something useful.
Believe me bud just go to a music store or a book store and get a Chord Dictionary. It helped me out since I was once like you.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011