Atheism
252 40%
Agnosticism
117 18%
Other (Specify)
68 11%
Voters: 637.
Page 1 of 6
So, I thought this would make for an interesting poll...

It is too annoying to classify everything as "not quite a religion" or "only a philosophical belief." For the sake of making things easier for everyone, I just asked what religion the Pit was... I'm sorry that some of you are not capable of handling this.
Last edited by wamguy89 at Dec 18, 2009,
I'm a non-practicing christian but most of the pit are atheists.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Nihilists win... we don't believe in anything

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
Nihilists win... we don't believe in anything

Sorry! Should have included that in the poll...
Just so you know, neither Agnosticism or Atheism are religions.
And also I'm an agnostic atheist so... I'm gonna put atheist.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Fuck Religion
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Quote by Sparks92
Just so you know, neither Agnosticism or Atheism are religions.
And also I'm an agnostic atheist so... I'm gonna put atheist.

Well, it deals with the existence of a deity, so it's only right to put it in the poll.
Universism for me.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Agnostic. leaning towards athiesm cause if there is a god he obviously hasnt ever fvcking answered my prays for sure..
wat is god?? lol

(atheist)
Gear
Epi Goth Explorer
Schecter Demon 7
Jackson JS30 Rhodes (modded)
Line 6 POD HD500
Roland Cube 60
There is no God olololol
I have some Catholic upbringing, but not until I was 13, I consider myself agnostic atheist, religion just hasn't been a value in my life.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Holy Katana
Deist, although I'm practically agnostic now. But I've been looking into Buddhism.

Should have put Deism in the poll, too!

Quote by guitarsftw
Judaism, biitch

Hey! I'm not a bitch!
Quote by wamguy89
Should have put Deism in the poll, too!

Hey! I'm not a bitch!

Deism is not a religion

What you should have done is left atheism and agnosticism off the list and instead had a "No religion" option.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 18, 2009,
i don't have religion only beliefs. i lean more towards norse mythology though. where i go to valhalla if i die in battle and i go to hell if i'm a pussy. **** yeah. i believe in god. i just call him god. he kicked all the other gods asses and doesnt answer prayers because we need to rely on ourselves on not be such a pussy. btw i'm actually really chill, but kick ass when its necessary.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
We are God.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by StewieSwan
Deism is not a religion

What you should have done is left atheism and agnosticism off the list and instead had a "No religion" option.

It is a religious belief.

Everyone stop nitpicking about what is and isn't a religion. It's too complicated to call it a belief in the existence (or not) of a higher power (or something maybe like that...)... Kthx.
Quote by wamguy89
Then who was phone?!

Dr Drew?
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by wamguy89
It is a religious belief.

Everyone stop nitpicking about what is and isn't a religion. It's too complicated to call it a belief in the existence (or not) of a higher power (or something maybe like that...)... Kthx.

It's no more a religion than Stalinism or Social Conservativism are. Sorry if I'm 'nitpicking', but you are only propagating a common misconception that I get really sick of hearing.
Quote by StewieSwan
It's no more a religion than Stalinism or Social Conservativism are. Sorry if I'm 'nitpicking', but you are only propagating a common misconception that I get really sick of hearing.

Well, while we're at it, Buddhism and Atheism aren't religions either, but they're on the poll.

It would probably be easier for this thread to just be about beliefs/philosophies. Religion is a bit of a narrow field.

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by StewieSwan

I never said it was a religion... It's simply a philosophical belief regarding higher power/the creation of the universe, etc. I'm not propagating any misconception...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

As I said... It is too annoying to classify everything as "not quite a religion" or "only a philosophical belief." For the sake of making things easier for everyone, I just asked what religion the Pit was... I'm sorry that some of you are not capable of handling this.
Quote by Hobble
Well, while we're at it, Buddhism and Atheism aren't religions either, but they're on the poll.

It would probably be easier for this thread to just be about beliefs/philosophies. Religion is a bit of a narrow field.

Buddhism is a religion by definition, even if it lacks a diety (although some branches of Buddhism do worship Siddhatta as a god).
Quote by StewieSwan

I don't think that analogy is entirely valid - the difference is that Stalinism and Social Conservatism make no claims about the existence of a deity/higher power. Deism probably isn't a "religion" in the sense that most people understand the word, but I would argue that it's certainly related to religion, philosophically speaking. Just because we don't organize or practice rituals doesn't mean we have "no religion" per se.

For those who haven't already inferred it, I'm deistic, though I claim agnosticism on lesser theological issues like sin and the afterlife.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Dec 18, 2009,
idk, I have enough shit to worry about that I don't have to make believe there is a fairy god mother in the sky counting how many spankings I've earned.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Quintessence153
I don't think that analogy is entirely valid - the difference is that Stalinism and Social Conservatism make no claims about the existence of a deity/higher power. Deism probably isn't a "religion" in the sense that most people understand the word, but I would argue that it's certainly related to religion, philosophically speaking. Just because we don't organize or practice rituals doesn't mean we have "no religion" per se.

For those who haven't already inferred it, I'm deistic, though I claim agnosticism on lesser theological issues like sin and the afterlife.

'saying atheism is a religion is like saying bald is a hair colour'
Quote by Zoot Allures

Yeah, so don't get mad at me about the poll!! Haha

If the poll was "what color hair do you have?", what would a bald person put if there wasn't a bald option?! Haha
Quote by exect4500
*he of the noodly appendage*

YES!

But in all seriousness Atheist.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Zoot Allures

On second thought, being pedantic isn't really accomplishing anything. Let's call all claims about deities and/or the lack thereof "religious beliefs" for the sake of convenience.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD