I was wondering what kind of power supply I should get to power my pedals, right now I have a radial hot British (requires 15v at 400ma), a timefactor (12v at 1200ma), a maxon OD-808, and Korg Pitchblack, and an RMC 3 Wah. So pretty much I'm looking for something that will be able to power all of these and not have that annoying hum that I get from plugging them all into a power strip. Initially I looked at the Voodoo Labs PP2+, but after doing some research, I realized that eventide pedals work for a while, then start going crazy. I'd also appreciate a courtesy adapter for the hot british, as 15v doesn't seem to be a very common. Budget: probably under $200 would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Quote by forsaknazrael
No regulated and isolated power supply can do that, as far as I know. I mean, 1200mA of current draw? Insaaaane.

Well you could build your own 12V/1200mA supply easily enough around an LM317T regulator if you have a bit of electronics knowledge. They can handle 1.5 amp without any help. I've built quite a few, the LM317T is a great device - adjustable 3 pin regulator.
Look at page 4 on this document . That has to follow the transformer/rectifier stage of course.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Well you could build your own 12V/1200mA supply easily enough around an LM317T regulator if you have a bit of electronics knowledge. They can handle 1.5 amp without any help. I've built quite a few, the LM317T is a great device - adjustable 3 pin regulator.
Look at page 4 on this document . That has to follow the transformer/rectifier stage of course.

I haven't built power supplies so I wasn't sure if it could be done, buy I was thinking that DIY would be a good option, too. However, it seems he wanted a power supply from a company.
Thanks for all the help, especially that site with pretty much every power supply every. Umm, I just checked and the timefactor adapter is actually only 9vDC at 1200ma. Maybe i'll just wait for Voodoo Labs to release the Iso-5, except that doesn't have a courtesy outlet for my hot british.
Last edited by A_Random_Person at Dec 18, 2009,
Yeah, it does, but it's a little out of my budget, it would be cheaper for me to buy an Iso-5 (which apparently is now shipping) and a PP2+, thanks though.
Yeah, it's pretty much Voodoo Labs made a smaller, and cheaper isolated power supply that will power Line 6, TC, eventide, etc. pedals since not everyone has a big enough board to justify the PP2+. It just started shipping recently (I think) and is currently going to 109USD. I thought that it would be just the thing for me, but then I learned that it doesn't have a courtesy outlet, so that's kind of making me hesitate buying it.
http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_iso-5.htm