Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a new guitar, thats preferably a V. I've got a great Ibanez s520ex but i'm looking for something that I can drop-tune easily and play some metal. Defenatly something cheap, with a string-thru body. Agile reaper worth it if I fill the Trem hole?

If not what are some other suggestions? Thanks
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

yeah the V shape is good cos you can pin it inbetween your legs.

what style of music will you be playing on it? do you want it to come with any parts or specs?
whats ur budget?

check out esp ltd v-401
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow
whats ur budget?

check out esp ltd v-401

or maybe a jackson king V or just go origonal with the gibson Flying V. whack on a couple of desnet humbuckers and a floyd rose get thje fretts dressed the action lowed and neck shaved (if you like thin necks) then you've got one nice guitar.
thanks guys - I guess i should've cleared things up in the original post.

This will be for metal so I like the idea of the EMG's and Mahogany in the Agile. Price range is Semi-flexible (is that possible) basically something on the cheaper side of things 400-700 max. I thought I made it obvious in the original post, maybe not - i don't want a floyd rose, for the main reason being simplicity to drop-tune. The esp looks good - maybe a tad expensive.

Also this will more that likely be something that i'll mess around will, shaving necks, changing pups, repainting you know...
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

hmm.... keep in mind you can always put EMG's on and a Floyd rose on. i'd say and ESP LTD Jackson Dean or gibson is the way to go. if you have the budget. just browse the companies websites and pick the one right for you.
I would recommend an LTD v-200. It may be a bit pricey (not really though) and it gives a pretty sweet tone.
Thanks - I think i'll just go with the entry Jackson King V and do some stuff to it :P

Cheers Guys
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

great choice! hope you get a nice one. send me some pics?
oh well
good luck

Anton.
Well, I always loved the original V the Gibson Flying V above all. You can get the faded cherry version used for as low as $500.00 I see them all the time on Craig's list here in Mass. The next one I would recommend is the Epi GOTH V which I might be buying this week end really cheap with HSC. They can be had for as little as 200 bucks. The mahogany bodies and shape of these gives them nice low deep tones. I really love the sound when it comes to metal. There are so many other V made but I think they lack mass the bodies tend to be thin and they just do not have that deep tone the heavier Gibson and Epi Vs put out.

John
Quote by antonvrg
or maybe a jackson king V or just go origonal with the gibson Flying V. whack on a couple of desnet humbuckers and a floyd rose get thje fretts dressed the action lowed and neck shaved (if you like thin necks) then you've got one nice guitar.

You're kidding, right? That would cost more than the guitar itself to get all of that done to a gibson.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Check out the Schecter Flying V's, they look similar to the Gibson originals and come with active EMG's.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by smartalec007
You're kidding, right? That would cost more than the guitar itself to get all of that done to a gibson.

it amazes me how many of us think alike
Quote by johnro6659
Well, I always loved the original V the Gibson Flying V above all. You can get the faded cherry version used for as low as $500.00 I see them all the time on Craig's list here in Mass. The next one I would recommend is the Epi GOTH V which I might be buying this week end really cheap with HSC. They can be had for as little as 200 bucks. The mahogany bodies and shape of these gives them nice low deep tones. I really love the sound when it comes to metal. There are so many other V made but I think they lack mass the bodies tend to be thin and they just do not have that deep tone the heavier Gibson and Epi Vs put out.

John

I have a faded V. Great guitar. Neck is thin enough it's sill comfortable and fast but thick enoughthat you don't feel like it'll break just from playing. Good sustain. I was pretty surprised by the sustain you can get out of these guitars if set up well. Used or new it's a good buy. I got mine used and I'd deff spend the money for it if I bought it new. Just replaced the stock pick ups with Gibson 57 classic in the ridge and a p94 in the neck. Have to solder the p94 in tonight.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by azn_guitarist25

Both are cheap so the quality is most likely to be questionable. If you like the idea of the Agile reaper then go for that and block it but IMO you might want to think twice about the EMG pickups if you still want to use the Spider amp.

Yeh man the amps the next thing - spider amps are only good for home practice... and thats it. Next after this guitar i'm looking at some high-gain tube amps but thats further down the track

Also thanks all you guys for the help but i've seemed to have changed my mind once more A mate directed me onto Warmoth and i've come up with some ideas to build my own and i've been reading in the GB & C thread and theres a couple of people who have done the same.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

Quote by johnro6659
The next one I would recommend is the Epi GOTH V which I might be buying this week end really cheap with HSC.

That is just part of my earlier answer. My Girlfriend beat me to it and actually got me the GOTH V for Christmas. What a sweet guitar!

John