Hey guys

Heres an unfinished piece that Ive been working on since yesterday, and ive already got 6 minutes Woohoo. Well anyway, a bit of background on the piece.

I listening to opeth the first time yesterday, and it inspired me to wriote this. I thought it was amazing how akerfeldt mixed folk and acoustic so smoothly with metal, and how it jumps between the two so effortlessy and smoothly. I also took inspiration from the weather outside, hence the name, as it was snowing, which is how I made the main acoustic bit at the start.

Notes:

Piano is out of time using the RSE so dont think anything of it Want to here it properly, switch to midi for that bit.

Song was made using only one chord, F, and using slight variations of it

Am hoping to add another 5 minutes to it so it maxes 10 minutes, in true Opeth Style.

It probably doesn't even sound like them anyway.

Well any way here it is

C4C As Usual

Ultrasonic
Attachments:
Winter Song ..gp5
Quote by ultrasonic
Hey guys

Heres an unfinished piece that Ive been working on since yesterday, and ive already got 6 minutes Woohoo. Well anyway, a bit of background on the piece.

I listening to opeth the first time yesterday, and it inspired me to wriote this. I thought it was amazing how akerfeldt mixed folk and acoustic so smoothly with metal, and how it jumps between the two so effortlessy and smoothly. I also took inspiration from the weather outside, hence the name, as it was snowing, which is how I made the main acoustic bit at the start.

Notes:

Piano is out of time using the RSE so dont think anything of it Want to here it properly, switch to midi for that bit.

Song was made using only one chord, F, and using slight variations of it

Am hoping to add another 5 minutes to it so it maxes 10 minutes, in true Opeth Style.

It probably doesn't even sound like them anyway.

Well any way here it is

C4C As Usual

Ultrasonic

I don't have GP on this computer but I will check it out a bit later. I just wanted to say that Opeth's gloomier songs are DA BEST for those cold winter days. Especially if it's snowing. I remember walking home after missing the bus in the gray, freezing cold December day and the song Isolated Years got me through it all. If you're new to Opeth, check out that song.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
wow. You PERFECTLY nailed that bleak weather atmosphere, and I can gather that from just listening to the MIDI! Great job dude, I could literally hear the rain beating on my window, and feel the overall isolated mood. I can't wait to hear where you take this song, keep up the good work!

EDIT: I might add that I was reminded of Opeth a tad while listening to your song, it reminded me of the album cover to say, Damnation & Blackwater park? If you haven't seen them I'd recommend just a quick google .
Last edited by Kämpfer at Dec 18, 2009,
I just have to say, that just like with Opeth, I was thoroughly bored

I mean the musician ship was awesome, massive props for that. I'm just not a fan of this kind of music.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know I finished it this afternoon, the total time ...(Drum Roll)... 13 Mins 49 Secs

So Preeeeeettttty Long , But well it was in the style of Opeth.

so Yep I added a repeat of the verse, a metal bit, an outro keyboard solo, with some strings Sounds pretty snazzy, be sure to give it a good long listen Ive attached it to the comment here .

Thanks for the crits Btw, if you have anything you want me to crit, just tell me the name of the piece of leave a link.

Thanks again,

Ultrasonic
Attachments:
The Winter Song.gp5
Opeth inspired! I'm in
Piano part was nice, not too good though. The guitar was unnecessary in the second part. The guitar intro was nice, but the piano MIDI was delayed, which kinda ruined it. The first chord in the electric part was unnecessary. Slow Melancholy was great. The rhythm strumming was terrible in the verses, but all in all it was pretty nice, except that the piano was (again) delayed. Verse II was much better. The Bridge was great, but I've got a better idea. Lead was bad though, sorry. Part III was much better, except for the feedback. Again, terrible lead. It has potential, but as it is now it's not that good. 6/10
C4C? Link in my sig
EDIT: New version: Intro was pretty much the same, I changed all the guitars to Jazz BTW. Again, the delay in the Piano MIDI. Same, the Distorted part is great. Verse, again, terrible rhythm, terrible Piano lead (something about the beat). I suggest leaving it at the same speed it was, and fixing the piano. Also, change the bass more often in the rhythm. Verse II much better. Again, in the Bridge, change the bass more often. The paning is too extreme BTW. Terrible lead, change it completely. Pretty much the same. Metal transition was good. Something is weird though, all your leads come with delay... Piano was nice, but throughout the composition, there's no bassline... Folk outro was good. I liked the "End... Or Not" Surprise ending. Best part in the composition. Strings outro was unnecessarily long. Better, but work on what I said.
Last edited by jimmyled at Dec 18, 2009,