25 years since this horrible event:

"On December 31, 1984 on the way to a New Year's Eve party at his family's home in Sheffield, Allen was driving his Corvette when an Alfa Romeo passed him. The driver had been egging Allen on and would not allow him to pass. In his rage to pass this driver, he did not see a turn up ahead and lost control of his car, which sailed over a stone wall and into a field. He was thrown from the car, with his left arm severed due to the seatbelt not being properly fastened. The car ended up upside down, with his girlfriend Miriam Barendsen secure in her seat. She was not seriously injured, and found Allen in the field. They were helped by a passerby who was a nurse, and Allen was taken to a hospital. Doctors initially reattached the arm, but due to infection they removed it. He left the hospital three and a half weeks later, with recuperation expected to last six months."

not the appropriate froum, but it neds to be remebered. that guy has resilience.
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!

Quote by szekelymihai
Forgive my ignorance, but i dont know about him. Did he die after this, or he continued playing?

continued. custom drum kit he plays with his feet.
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!

Quote by szekelymihai
Forgive my ignorance, but i dont know about him. Did he die after this, or he continued playing?

He kept playing. He had foot triggers that he'd hit in addition to drumming with one arm and two legs.
THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM!

Love me a Bloodhound Gang moment.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I’m just going to get schmaltzy and admit that while I stopped listening to Def Leppard in middle school I’ve drawn a lot of inspiration from Rick Allen over the years.
Not an electric guitar moment!

But I wouldn't say it's a sad anniversary, definately a triumphant one!
It's motivating to see someone go through that and still play a primarily arm orientated instrument, and become very well known because of it
I'm confused as to how this is a sad anniversary. Definitely a hardship for Allen but man, what an achievement. To continue drumming after losing an arm, such devotion is only found in few. Like that Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The one who kept fighting till he couldn't anymore.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
This is a triumphant anniversary. This guy knew the deal.
My dad was a quadraplegic on a ventilator for seven years before eventually losing his fight. He would have been thrilled to only lose an arm. You have to take what life gives you and have sympathy for less fortunate as there is always someone who has it worse. This drummer figured that out.
Quote by Kurapica
THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM! THE DRUMMER FROM DEF LEPPARDS ONLY GOT ONE ARM!

Love me a Bloodhound Gang moment.

Thought i was the only one thinking abut tht song.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Most people feel he became a better drummer once he lost his arm.

Also, the entire Pyromania album was recorded with a drum machine, not a live drummer.
It's a sad thing, for sure, but I don't quite think the thread belongs here.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...