Page 1 of 2
Yea, allot of it is simple, but I think its definitely stereotyped that way. Theirs lots of punk bands with good solos and leads. Bad religion is one that comes to mind. And when has music became only good if its complicated, many people seem to think that way.
Last edited by shoottheofficer at Dec 18, 2009,
because a lot of the mainstream 'punk' is simple. some people would categorize bands like blink, Greenday and The All American Rejects as punk
though I'm a fan of pop punk, I know the difference
it's simply a lack of understanding.
similar to the way a lot of outsiders assume that all hip hop/rap is violent and derogatory towards women
I'd go with lack of knowledge and understanding as a reason for that as well. If you actually try to play some of that stuff, you'll find it has to be absolutely tight in order to sound good. If someone is sloppy, it's noticed in a big way.

It's just snobbery, really...party on
It's just the aftermath of the 80's shred era. After that, many guitar players seem to think that someone doesn't shred, then they're not worth sh*t. I consider myself to be lucky, as I've found that I enjoy music as long as it's well made, be it simple to play or not.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Well, the main idea of punk is that you don't have to spend years and years learning how to play faster than others, just gather some friends, have fun and make music. It's not really about the skills, it's about the attitude.

Metallica sucks!
Punk is easy.

Get over it.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
To me punk is less about individual practice and technique but rahter your bands practice and how the band works together. Good punk bands practice tremendously to be as tight as they can be. Also a lot of punk drummers are way more skilled than your average yngwie fan will care to notice. The other cool thing about punk is that most people who listen to punk, and play punk guitar in their basement will end up forming a band and writing original songs. I don't think this happens as often for the shredders.
Okay, I was just saying some punk bands have good leads regardless that the rhythm guitarist is just playing a bunch of power chords. To me punk is just another genre of music. It didn't get started because a bunch of people were to lazy to become skilled guitarists. My points aside, I guess I was bound to get some disagreeable responses. And I bet no one who responded has even listened to Bad Religion.
Last edited by shoottheofficer at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by shoottheofficer
Okay, I was just saying some punk bands have good leads regardless that the rhythm guitarist is just playing a bunch of power chords. To me punk is just another genre of music. It didn't get started because a bunch of people were to lazy to become skilled guitarists. My points aside, I guess I was bound to get some disagreeable responses. And I bet no one who responded has even listened to Bad Religion.

Hehehe
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Quote by shoottheofficer
And I bet no one who responded has even listened to Bad Religion.
That is so underground.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I never said they were underground.. they obviously aren't. That wasn't even my point, my point was people who label it as shit have barely touched the surface of listening to it.
Do you honestly think that people in the punk forum have "barely touched the surface of listening to it?"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by shoottheofficer
I never said they were underground.. they obviously aren't. That wasn't even my point, my point was people who label it as shit have barely touched the surface of listening to it.
I own ALL of Bad Religion's studio albums. ALL of them. Bad Religion's leads are simple. Why do their leads matter so much to you?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Dec 18, 2009,
just because bad religion has leads doesn't make them good leads.

the replacements stand out to me as a punk band with good solos/riffs.
Quote by askingforit176
shread

Quote by askingforit176
shread

Quote by askingforit176
shread

shread
Quote by werty22
shread

dude i love shreading.

me and my friend had an epic shreading battle nd i totally shreaded his face off lol \m/(^_^)\m/
Quote by MisspentYouth
dude i love shreading.

me and my friend had an epic shreading battle nd i totally shreaded his face off lol \m/(^_^)\m/

Well me and my friend had an epic shread battle, and I totally shreaded on his face lol.
Yeah well I had an epic shread battle and my face and his face got shreaded. Then my amp caught on fire guitar hero style.

Yes werty my bad about the double post. I already sent in to have it deleted (can't just do it off the cell). Billy > Kirk Hammet. All day.
Quote by nashawa
You're my idol, so I must destroy you
Last edited by askingforit176 at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by werty22
shread

It means Shit-Thread..
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Me and my family are going to celebrate Shreadmas at my grandmother's house this year.
Quote by axeslash
Me and my family are going to celebrate Shreadmas at my grandmother's house this year.

br00tal Jesus would approve

and shread

thats how shredders start the morning.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Last edited by DempseyPunk at Dec 18, 2009,
^They spelled shread wrong.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Alright, I'm done, I knew this thread would outbreak into an orgy of fags.
Last edited by shoottheofficer at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by shoottheofficer
Alright, I'm done I knew this would outbreak into an orgy of fags.
lololololololololol

It's funny because gays are destroying America.
Quote by axeslash
lololololololololol

It's funny because gays are destroying America.

HAHAAHHAHAHAHHAA
Quote by shoottheofficer
Alright, I'm done, I knew this thread would outbreak into an orgy of fags.
omg shut up
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Dec 19, 2009,
^i agree the fags must be stopped from those orgy activities so they can't spread the seed of doubt into every straight red-blooded american in america....
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Do you know what the queers are doing to the soil?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Page 1 of 2