OK,
I need some opinions for pedals with a good hit and can be flexible for genres like Grunge, metal, Rock and Hard Rock.

I play Silverchair, pearl Jam, Black Sabbath, and others. I need a good pedal in a affordable range ($180+Australian Dollar)
I (will be) playing on a Epiphone SG GX ([prophecy] Gibson Dirty fingers pickups)
And on a crap 15w behringer amp. (When i get a job I will get a Marshall 50w MG)

I have played the BOSS DS-2 but I actually thought that was pretty dissapointing, it sounded a bit too smooth and didnt have much punch or scream. Im guessing DS-1 is no different.
BOSS xt-2?? is that a good idea
Please give me some ideas.
Quote by Bloodavian
OK,
I need some opinions for pedals with a good hit and can be flexible for genres like Grunge, metal, Rock and Hard Rock.

I play Silverchair, pearl Jam, Black Sabbath, and others. I need a good pedal in a affordable range ($180+Australian Dollar)
I (will be) playing on a Epiphone SG GX ([prophecy] Gibson Dirty fingers pickups)
And on a crap 15w behringer amp. (When i get a job I will get a Marshall 50w MG)

I have played the BOSS DS-2 but I actually thought that was pretty dissapointing, it sounded a bit too smooth and didnt have much punch or scream. Im guessing DS-1 is no different.
BOSS xt-2?? is that a good idea
Please give me some ideas.

You should try the Digitech Grunge... it has a great range of sonority for different styles of music.
You can ear a demo of it in www.digitech.com
Give it a try.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
check out hardwire sc 2 valve distortion, and don't buy marshall mg , worst amp ever made by marshall.
i scream for ice cream
Big Muff sounds like it'll do you good on the grunge front.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
thanks, looked at couple of the demos, will check it out in a local store, keep em comin
dont buy any pedals... save up for a good amp... u will still have crap sound even with a boutique pedal through that amp. and stay away from the MG... they should destroy those amp grrrrrr
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
im ****in 14 as if im going to buy a 2,000 dollar amp when i will be playing at level 0.8 of 10 and it would probably be a hassle to move around anyway lol.
what amps aswell if MG is soooooo shit.
you dont have to spend 2,000 to have a good amp... check out some of the Vox Valvetronix and Peavey Vyper..
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
The MG isn't the only cheap amp out there. I gotta sympathize though, lol. Few years back when I joined and I asked for advice, everyone asked what amp I played (and still play, regrettably) and I'd answer Spider 3. Got nothing but shit just for owning it, lol. Bunch of bandwagoners on this site unfortunately. Just cuz everyone else hates the MG, they'll come outta the woodwork just to bash it whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Okay. On to the actual answering of questions.

Firstly. Digitech TL-2 Metal distortion. Its got more distortion than you'll need, so you can flip the gain knob down and it'll handle whatever you need it to. True bypass, meaning when it's off it doesn't mess with your signal at all.

Secondly. Amp. To be honest, the MG line is a pretty lousy amp line. I can't stand them, and most of UG can't either. I'd recommend for bedroom playing, either the Roland Cube 15x / 30x, or the Peavey Vypyr 75W. Both will be cheaper than the MG50, and sound much better.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
You should Try "metal muff" my friend have it and he play grunge music, and he pretty much happy with it.
Visual Sound Jeckyl and Hyde....

You can switch between OD and Distortion, or combine both..

I like mine...=)

For amp, even a Vox ac15 or ac30 would suit. (i would go 30)...
They are not bad for the price. Check youtube for some demos.

What the guys mentioned above are good also..
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Last edited by kenshi1967 at Dec 18, 2009,
Thanks for the advice guys, Im getting the pedal no matter what, amp is coming later when I get a job or I win money anyway, I think after trying the Digitech Grunge pedal I will get it, I was very dissapointed by all BOSS distortion products, and this is just the right noise for me.