Xmas is coming up and there's nothing I really want so I guess I gotta get something. In my living room I got a Line 6 Spider 3 which has some craptastic distortion on it so I need something better for practice.

I was looking on Guitar Center's website and there are possibly two amps that I'm looking at. I don't know which one to get so maybe you guys can help me out. I play mostly metal like TBDM, Kataklysm, Metallica and others.

One is the Peavey Vypyr 15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp.

The other is the Roland Cube 15X Amp. So if anyone has played any of these or can suggest something better in that price range let me know. Thanks.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by KreatorRage
Save up for something better, like the blackstar combo or something similar.

He would have to buy a distortion pedal to make the HT-5 suitable for Death Metal. And the Series One, which would be very good for that kind of music seems to be way out of his price range, considering he wants to buy those two little and cheap amps.

To topoic: The Peavy would be my choice, jsut because I like it's distortion better.
Quote by viewerfromnihil
If you're going to go cheap, get a Line 6 Spider IV. They're much better than the Spider IIIs.

The vypyr is superior to the spider in every way.
Save a couple thousand dollars and buy a Laney full stack and a Laney head. Your life will be infinitely awesome.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
^
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by KreatorRage
Save up for something better, like the blackstar combo or something similar.

That's exactly what I'm saving up for. With a couple of pedals that thing is a pure tone beast...
Quote by \Powerslave/
That's exactly what I'm saving up for. With a couple of pedals that thing is a pure tone beast...

Agreed.
Quote by \Powerslave/
Do you happen to actually own one though?

Don't have the money right now, I'm spending too much on concert/festival tickets
Quote by \Powerslave/
Do you happen to actually own one though?

I played one last year at Music Live and i have to say, well worth saving up for.
So it's just as good as the hype surrounding it? I've read plenty of reviews and looked at many demos, but I haven't had the opportunity to test one yet. Looks like the perfect step-up for me from what I've seen.
Quote by lord_abyssium
get yourself a mesa boogie, ive always wanted one, and i recently played on one at a gig, and it was life changing

The new Cannibal Corpse album has destroyed my want for a 'metal' Mesa. Their tone on that new album was just sludgy and disgusting.
Quote by andyscoot
The new Cannibal Corpse album has destroyed my want for a 'metal' Mesa. Their tone on that new album was just sludgy and disgusting.

John Petrucci's "Mesa" tone is vastly superior to any other guitar tone ever recorded in history. My want for Mesa shall never die because of that.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
marshall MG because it has crushing overdrive

no seriously my vote goes to the vyper, or as others have said, save up and get a good amp.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Save every dollar you have, go buy a car, get a real job and then work on music.
Either that or just get drugged up and die in a fire.

What... He owns a spider, ffs...
Quote by Magero
Save every dollar you have, go buy a car, get a real job and then work on music.

Pretty much, Spiders are poop.

Xmas is coming up and there's nothing I really want so I guess I gotta get something. In my living room I got a Line 6 Spider 3 which has some craptastic distortion on it so I need something better for practice.

I was looking on Guitar Center's website and there are possibly two amps that I'm looking at. I don't know which one to get so maybe you guys can help me out. I play mostly metal like TBDM, Kataklysm, Metallica and others.

One is the Peavey Vypyr 15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp.

The other is the Roland Cube 15X Amp. So if anyone has played any of these or can suggest something better in that price range let me know. Thanks.

If you don't want anything for Christmas, then why just randomly decide you have to get something?

Also, if you're currently using a Line 6 Spider, then just about anything will be better...though 'upgrading' to a 15 watt (even though Roland Cubes are awesome) is stupid and a complete waste of money.

For anyone to actually help you they need your price range. And also, I think this goes in this forum: Guitar Gear
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
Quote by Magero

The first option sounds great. Real job = real money = real equipment. After you get to that point, it's all dependent on your creativity/ideas. But getting drugged up sounds just as good. Dying in a fire doesn't. Can't they be mutually exclusive, Mag?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by andyscoot
get guitar rig, and all your problems are sorted.

Especially useful when you want to play guitar in a room without a computer. Or you want to play in a band. Or you want to play gigs.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012