well, last night me and a couple friends cxamped out and drank ourselves stupid. anyways I burned my hand on a lantern and once htey were passed out I looked up some home remedies for burns and found a site saying mustard helps a lot anfd it really does. anybody else have any far-fetched home remedies that actually work?
Quote by MightyAl
Masturbation provides temporary relief from extreme horniness.

ha, what's weird is I've noticed if I have a good fap when I'm sick with like a cold or something I'll actually feel better afterwards (as far as the cold goes)
coffee pretty much cures everything
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
Alcohol pretty much cures everything

Fixed.

My liver hurts.......

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by charlie__flynn
heroin pretty much cures everything

Fixed

My arm hurts...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Fixed.

My liver hurts.......

FUCK YEA!

god I'm gonna sober up before I fall aslepp..... this scuks .
Just throw some aloe on it.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
ha, what's weird is I've noticed if I have a good fap when I'm sick with like a cold or something I'll actually feel better afterwards (as far as the cold goes)

Yeh true, it relieves stress or something

Also, not really a remedy but i eat sunflower seeds when im ill
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307
Yeh true, it relieves stress or something

Also, not really a remedy but i eat sunflower seeds when im ill

It's because orgasms realease endorphins, which in this case is basically the equivalent of a STRONG aspirin...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
A spoonful of sugar doesn't help the medicine go down, but it does help with hangovers.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
smelling lavender calms you helps headaches and helps sleep keep some scent under your pillow

chewing garlic or onion helps toothache but tastes shit

rubbing batteries makes them last longer lol
Quote by neopowell
A spoonful of sugar doesn't help the medicine go down, but it does help with hangovers.

are you for real?

*goes to take a spoonful of sugar*
Quote by The4thHorsemen
are you for real?

*goes to take a spoonful of sugar*

It works for me, having a glass of water and a spoonful of sugar before conking out has taken the edge off some true beasts.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

I find that a punch in the face is an effective remedy for "woman wont shut the f*ck up" syndrome.

I actually have a boxing glove rigged to an accordion for these situations.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I use sugar with alot of things, if im ill with cold, soar throat, hangover. I try it anytime im ill. it works alot which surprised me
Quote by neopowell
It works for me, having a glass of water and a spoonful of sugar before conking out has taken the edge off some true beasts.

When you're hung over you feel like crap because your body's dehydrated from all the alcohol, so it really really really helps to either drink water/juice between drinks or before you fall asleep. The sugar works against the depressants I guess, and just gets the nasty taste out of your mouth too.

Saltine crackers always work for sore throats, suck on them for a while and swallow when they're mushy. (That sounds so wrong...)
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
Last edited by _Ixnay_ at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by _Ixnay_
When you're hung over you feel like crap because your body's dehydrated from all the alcohol, so it really really really helps to either drink water/juice between drinks or before you fall asleep. The sugar works against the depressants I guess, and just gets the nasty taste out of your mouth too.

I think it's because excessive alcohol can dilute your blood sugar levels, the same way that drinking excessive water will, but I'm not that clued up on medicine so I may be totally wrong...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by The4thHorsemen

I can't when i'm sick just never feel 'in the mood'.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by JAZZ_MAN919
I can't when i'm sick just never feel 'in the mood'.

I usually am.

Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by MangoStarr
rust and aluminum powder

1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Lemon juice or ORGANIC apple cider vinegar on the face helps with skin- astringents. Stings but gives you a better, smoother complexion and reduces spots...

...god that sounded gay.
If you have a fever cut up a potato and place the pieces on your forehead and on your stomach.

It won't do anything, but you'll look like pretty retarded.
I have 3 home remedies for hangovers.

1. Take an Advil or 2 before I start drinking or even in the morning. If I forget about Advil then I go to number 2 or 3.
2. Eat a banana. The potassium will rehydrate you quickly. I find drinking a lot of water or Gatorade work too slow.
3. Eat a full meal in the morning, even if you have to force yourself. You've drained your body of nutrients, replenish everything.

I'll add a 4th, that my dad swears by - Hair of the dog that bit you. In case you don't know what that means, all you do is keep drinking what you were drinking before. But to me you're just prolonging the inevitable hangover you're trying to avoid or cure.

As far as other home remedies.

Keep an Aloe Vera plant around, the liquid from the leaves helps sooth and heal cuts and burns.

Chamomile or manzanilla if you're Latino like me. Chamomile tea is used as a sedative and for insomnia and other nervous conditions. The tea has anti-inflammatory properties, it is good for rheumatism, arthritis, and other painful swellings. It is an antispasmodic for intestinal and menstrual cramps, relieving gas pains, acts as a very mild but efficient laxative, and loosens tight muscles. I got this one from a website because I could not remember what the herd was called.

Honey with lemon for coughs and sore throats. I don't know how it works but it really only helps the symptoms.

Oatmeal (the dry oats before you make actual oatmeal) in your bath water for dry skin.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Last edited by Bertallica at Dec 18, 2009,
For hangovers I make a smoothie with ice, 1 can red bull, 1 shot pepto bismol, 2 packets of bc powder, 1 bannana, and orange juice. Tastes pretty damn good, and I usually feel better after one of these than I normally would without being hungover.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
If you have a blister in your mouth, warm water with salt will help.
Tastes like shit and burns like a motherfucker though.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
For hangovers, I give you St Mark's solution.
In 1 litre of water, dissolve:
20g glucose
3.5g table salt
2.5g sodium bicarbonate

So, about 6 heaped teaspoons of glucose, 1 heaped teaspoon of salt, 1 level teaspoon of sodium bicarb.

Make it cold water, and drink through a straw. Eating a banana wouldn't hurt, either.
The best hangover cure is a pint of water with sugar and salt mixed in before bed, apparently.
You're meant to put in 7 teaspoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt, if you can handle such a concoction.
Quote by SpartanTHC
Weed is a remedy for everything.

Windex too.
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
Lemon juice mixed with rubbing alcohol...soothes every rash
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies