Page 1 of 2
OP question removed... look through the discussion and answear my latest question...pleace...

inb4, build your own PC, my brother is not really a gamer, but if it does CS:S and at least 30 (mid details) fps on crysis, it will be OK.
Last edited by GisleAune at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by BuckleyFanTom
Acer are horrible computers, piece of crap. Just avoid them like the plague my friend
I used to think otherwise, but damn, after a few years of experience with them, I agree completely.
I´ve got an acer netbook and it crashes alot.

Also the graphic/sound card is a small chip on the motherboard prolly.

Conclusion:
BUILD YAR OWN COMPUTÄR!
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by ZeGuitarist
I used to think otherwise, but damn, after a few years of experience with them, I agree completely.

You're back?! And yeah they're crap...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
My acer notebook runs like awesome, or maybe is it because it's still new?

is it a way to kinda disable the shared memory and only use the 1GB?
Yea, your best option is to build one yourself, much cheaper. I have an Acer PC and its a piece of crap.
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
4650 are pretty outdated now, id be impressed if they could run Crysis at mid specs decently.
Maybe he should use an "choose components, get it built" kid of thing online, but then if it crashes. Isn't a PC just a set of components? form intel, nVidia and such so why would one brand of PCs suck?

GT 130 are worse and they run Crysis at 30 fps (which is enough for me)
If I was you I'd either build my own (or use that site if you can't be bothered) or get an iMac
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Mac, no way!!

He wants to play CS:S sometimes and on mac, that's inpossible.
Just get a nerd to build a computer for you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
>an desctop computer
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Kensai
Just get a nerd to build a computer for you.

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Any processors to recommend (wtf is quad core different to duo, ...), GFX cards and ... so i can select them in the assemble thing, is Intel® Core™2 Duo E7500 2,93GHz Socket LGA775, 1066MHz, 3MB, 45nm, Boxed w/fan decent enough.

The custom build thing is a lot cheaper than that acer, even if the assemble is better.
Quote by GisleAune
Mac, no way!!

He wants to play CS:S sometimes and on mac, that's inpossible.

?
honestly TS, building a computer is the best option. you the interwebz to aid you on your/your brother's quest. its not too hard to build one imo
Quote by BuckleyFanTom
Acer are horrible computers, piece of crap. Just avoid them like the plague my friend

Mine is an Acer, and it aces you! It's a really great computer.
You should learn about what components are inside the computer, that's more important than what brand is putting it together.
Quote by GisleAune
Any processors to recommend (wtf is quad core different to duo, ...), GFX cards and ... so i can select them in the assemble thing, is Intel® Core™2 Duo E7500 2,93GHz Socket LGA775, 1066MHz, 3MB, 45nm, Boxed w/fan decent enough.

The custom build thing is a lot cheaper than that acer, even if the assemble is better.

quad is different to duo -- duo means it has 2 cores, quad means 4, basically a quad can do twice as much at once as a duo (not necessarily twice as fast, although it can be, depending what you're doing..)
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
To the ones saying acer sucks, I have an HP which the mobo has failed twice on (on three years), it had crashed around 20-30 times, but a full system recovery did the job.

If the gfx card does the job my brother wants it to do, a worse card(gt 130m) does 200fps on CS:S and 20-25 on crysis, for non-hardcore gamers, 20-25 fps feels fluent, it does for me and im even more a gamer than my brother.

If 2,53ghz and a ATI HD 4650 is decent, should i buy the Acer, the shop is close, so it's not hard to get it repaired on warranty.

It's still better than the one he had before the lightening crushed it. the house inshurance will cover most of the price too.

Quote by PaulyVengeance
Will the new computer have a spell-checker?

I'm doing homework, so i haven't time to check my spelling here...

Quote by -tempest-
honestly TS, building a computer is the best option. you the interwebz to aid you on your/your brother's quest. its not too hard to build one imo

He isn't a über gamer, he plays like 2-3 hrs a week, and i doubt he will play a gfx hog like Crysis.
simple solution to buying a desktop computer.

get custom built. or buy a MESH with Intel i7 and Win7.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I just have one answer for you, Asus computers rape everything else for gameing. I have the G71 laptop, 6 GB of ram, stock, Nivdia Geforce GTX 260M Cuda 1 GB graphics card, Intel Core Duo inside 2.53 ghz processer, 500 GB hard drive, and a bunch of other shit I can't remember, but my laptop has more processing power than any Acer tower will ever have.
And the new G72 laptops are even better.

Asus has a tower out that has 27 Gb of Ram, 2 Terabite hard drive, quad processer, and a bunch of other shit for $1000.

Can't beat Asus
Gaming.

****ING ALIENWARE!!!

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

$1000 dollars is a price i could live with, it's like 5 850kr (norwegian currency), which is the price of really budget computers here, the acer costs 7 000kr, which is around 1 195$.

He is not a hardcore gamer. what the HD 4560 does in terms of gaming is exactly what he needs.
Quote by Silver-spear94
Gaming.

****ING ALIENWARE!!!

ALIENWARE.

*******ING EXPENSIVE111
Quote by GisleAune
ALIENWARE.

*******ING EXPENSIVE111

EXPENSIVE111

NOW WHEN YOU HAS A JOB!

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

^Let's end that stupid discussion, if my brother don't really play gfx hog games, but i think 30 fps on crysis is playable (at least for me). Would that Acer with the HD 4560 and 2,6 Ghz do the job?
depends on the processor.

Pentium 4 is like 2.6GHz but its single core.

my Turion X2 x64 is 2.10GHz but is dual core, so is better for gaming and just general computing

Core 2 Quad is better than Core 2 Duo.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Holy Katana
Just out of curiosity, why is Crysis commonly used as a benchmark?

isnt it because of its huge reqs?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by GisleAune
^Let's end that stupid discussion, if my brother don't really play gfx hog games, but i think 30 fps on crysis is playable (at least for me). Would that Acer with the HD 4560 and 2,6 Ghz do the job?

Just to spand your mind a little bit and look at these computers, all are cheap and have way more processing power than HP and Acer.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1182823970.1261159519@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdkadejdmgfhdjcflgceggdhhmdfoh.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=938593&category_oid=

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?_$JA=kw~mesh|cgn~Mesh+Broad|cgid~324378375|tsid~8107|cn~MESH+Terms+%26+Varients|cid~12264495|lid~37254982|mt~Exact|nw~search|crid~3567279795|bku~1&GCLID=CMy-6I7J4J4CFeZr4wodzVYzJw&PAGE=PRODUCTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=569782

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Page 1 of 2