So its starting to get really cold out here in kentucky. My music gear is sitting in my trunk of my car today, and its only about 30 degrees F out side. My Schecter C-1 Hellraiser, and my ISP Decimator, and my 6505+ head are in my trunk. Theyre out there for about 6 or 7 hours. Will the coldness affect the tubes, the amp, the pedal, or the guitar in anyway? [such as messed up tubes or warped neck?]
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
Peavey Classic 50 power amp
GK Neo 4x10
Yeah, the tuning won't like it!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
so other than tuning im alright?
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Quote by paintballcrazy7
so other than tuning im alright?

pretty much... but heat is another story...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
well there isnt any heat out here =)
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
I would imagine letting the amp warm up to room temperature before powering it up could possibly help the tubes. Glass doesn't like to rapidly change temperature. Thats my $0.02.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Last edited by greenwgreg at Dec 18, 2009,
The guitar's neck might be affected, as wood doesn't take kindly to cold. It's not advisable therefore to let your guitar get exposed to cold, but a single occasion like this won't do any irreservable damage.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
alright =) i baby the hell outta my gear, and today i was in a tough spot where i had to pick up my gear at my drummers house at a moments notice before vacation.
Gear:

Fender Roadhouse Strat
EC-1000 JB/'59
Fender Mark Hoppus bass
Eleven Rack
GK Neo 4x10
Just sitting in cold isnt going to hurt anything, but constantly going back and forth from cold to heat will eventually take its toll on your guitar. It will still work and be ok, but you'll have to adjust the truss rod at some point. If you can, keep it out of the cold and at room temp.