Basically, the thread for all thigns Jaguar/Jazzmaster related. I know they're fantastic guitars, so they deserve a fantastic thread.

All posts welcome, It'd be cool to eventually have a community of users who can discuss off topic posts, but for now, try and it keep it related.

To keep you all at bay, my CIJ Jag.
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
i have a CIJ jazzmaster...

uhh.. i have some old pics lying around but it's had a couple of bridge modifications since i took the pic (graphtech saddles and a buzz-stop) and these are pictures of the guitar as it was when i bought it.

Since i've fitted the buzz stop i've really been loving the guitar a lot more than without - the graphtech saddles solved most of the problems, but the buzz-stop gave me peace of mind about the issue, knowing that the main problem is caused by the break angle. It's also made the guitar feel a lot nicer to play imo, which is an added bonus.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
how is the vibrato on those? I've heard that they can be a PITA
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
I have a classic player jazzmaster, it's great, but I need to stop playing it so I can take some pics of it.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
wish I had one.

anyway, whats the main difference between jazzmasters, jaguars, and mustangs? besides the slight body differences
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Jazzmasters have a slightly warmer sound, jaguars are consideredvery bright because they have 1 meg pots as standard. They have the same pickups as a strat, but the pots are much brighter, so it sounds much brighter (1 meg on jag to 250k on strat). A Jaguar is a 24" scale (from nut to bridge) and the Jazzmaster is 25.5" (Fender's standard scale).

Jeffc313, the vibrato is surprisingly awesome. I'm sure if you were looking to be creating Floyd Rose sounds, you wouldn't be looking at a Jag/Jazz, so I'll make it obvious; they aren't made to divebomb, break strings or play DragonForce with. They're there for subtle nuances like vibrato. Imagine a Bigsby - quite like that.

These guitars seems to have been very popular in surf guitar culture and that sort of scene, but I found it quite ironic that a lot of the people I know who have a jag/jazz or have recorded with one has used it for genre's like post-rock. I play in a band who go from lovely little clean parts to heart-stopping riffs, so they're an incredibly versatile guitar.

It's been said that the telecaster is a very "go-to, simple" guitar. It seems to be easy to play, adapt to and seems to be easier to function with. A guitar which was made to be nothing more and nothing less than a guitar. After the release of the telecaster (the completed esquire/broadcaster etc) Leo Fender released the stratocaster, a slightly modified (not upgraded) telecaster. The Jazzmaster was then released in 1958 (I think) and was the modified (again, not upgraded) version of a strat. Then 4 years later, in 1962, the Jaguar was created as the modified (you get the jist) Jazzmaster. It's important to remember Leo Fender never intended for his next guitars to be sequels to their former, or to be successors. They were made to be evolving versions of their counterparts. Companions, and peers to each other. The Jaguar and Jazzmaster have just seemed to be a more intricate kind of guitar. I have lots of friends who plays strats and teles because they'd rather just have something easy and "normal".

tl;dr - Jaguars and Jazzmasters are awesome.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ok I have a jagmaster (which still counts cause same shape and vibe) and I'm hoping after christmas ill be getting the jazzmaster copy from GFS and those things look pretty flippin sweet ill try and post pics once I get it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
i love the jaguar
i really want one
its a shame they stopped making them with matching headstocks
I've wanted one since about I started playing guitar (always been a big J Mascis fan, I think his tone had a lot to do with it), I'm just worried that I get too infatuated with the great look and sound of them that the playability wouldn't be good for me. I've got really short fingers, like young girl hands, so I think the 25.5 scale may be too much for me and I'm just not pushing it when I try one at a store, and last time I played a 24' it just felt awkward. I don't know... words of wisdom?
Quote by jeffc313
how is the vibrato on those? I've heard that they can be a PITA

well it's the bridge that can be the pain in the arse. the vibrato on mine is absolutely flawless, it's smooth and easy to operate and holds tuning exceptionally well.

@777corey - it may not necessarily be the scale length that is bothering you. Jags/JMs have a much more curved fretboard radius than a lot of other guitars, which may take a long while to get used to - i know the first time i played one i hated it.
Rig Winter 2017:

I'm the same actually. I had always lusted for the look of a jaguar, and played one and thought it was badly set up. I asked for another, it was the same. Turns out, all the fretboard radius. And because of it, nowadays my Sg feels flat as hell, which isn't nice. I like the hug my jag gives my fingers.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I friggin love the way my Jag plays! When i tried a CP jag before, the action was terrible and it was just nasty to play. But this thing is incredibly nice, and holds tuning fantastically. I wonder how my SG will feel now, too, the neck on that is super flat.
Everything about my jag is flawless, i loves it completely.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248744
Spam dis shiz!
I've always wanted a Jaguar Baritone Special HH
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I posted in the old jaguar thread all the time, I dunno what happened to it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
anyone got any suggestions on how to hold the trem arm to stay put? i have 2 trem arms for my jazzmaster (don't ask why, it's a long story ) which are slightly different, one of them clicks in place, but then rattles around and even starts to swing round and has often hit my knuckles (painful!), the other one stays put for a while if i push it down into the hole quite hard but then gradually works its way out and then falls.

any idea how i could get either of these to stop falling out/moving around easily?
Rig Winter 2017:

I'd say Blu-Tack, but then you're royally screwed if it falls out and you can't get the blu-tack out...

yeah Kartman, a search showed no results.

Led, you're incredibly welcome, Special HHs are also very welcome!
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
I'd say Blu-Tack, but then you're royally screwed if it falls out and you can't get the blu-tack out...

yeah, that's probably why i haven't done that yet

i'm thinking of solutions with no risk of getting things stuck inside the tremolo cavity, because that'd just bother me

i've heard that a couple of layers of electrical insulation tape could do it, but i just can't find any lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

Last edited by Blompcube at Dec 22, 2009,
I've been wanting to get one of these for ages. Finally saved up enough money but I'm not sure to go Jaguar or Jazzmaster. Problem is Australia gets screwed over with guitar prices.

Will probably go Jaguar as i've already got a semi-hollow with buckers.
Quote by Blompcube
yeah, that's probably why i haven't done that yet

i'm thinking of solutions with no risk of getting things stuck inside the tremolo cavity, because that'd just bother me

i've heard that a couple of layers of electrical insulation tape could do it, but i just can't find any lol.

I'd use gaffer tape, just in case I ever wanted to take the tape off. It doesn't leave any sticky stuff when you peel it off.

I'm probably going to make my next guitar purchase (as in an actual guitar, not amp wise) a Jazzmaster. Anyone care to give me a quick rundown of all the different models?
Has anyone play the newer jaguar model? The special edition? It basically seems the the same as the japanese made jaguar but cheaper. Just thought i'll throw it out there.

I have the Special player HH Jaguar in the brown burst and i love it!
Guitars
ESP Viper-400
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Epiphone/Gibson Acoustic

Amps
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Effects
BBE Crusher
I'm actually shunning my Jaguar on a project I'm using my 1966 Resissue Epi SG

Although, it's to play music a-la Russian Circles, on which I need humbuckers. I do however, use the Jaguar for every other single thnig.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
merry christmas Jag/Jazz thread!
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Bump. I had to go down to the post office and collect this today:

Mustang bridge, whammy bar and new pickguard for it are in the mail. I'm absolutely in love with it.
I hope this is OK. I don't really fit in to UG as it were because 99% of the threads are "OMG I wanna shred or What's the best Metal Guitar". So this jazzmaster/Jaguar thread appeals to me. I don't have the real deal, but I do have a Samick Jazzmaster-type guitar. I really love the scale length, and I've never had a bridge like this either, with what appears to be rollers. It stays in tune really well.

Someday I might be able to get the real deal, but for now this is the best I can do.

Quote by Led Dirigible
Can the Jaguar Special play with you guys?
Oh god damn. I've been wanting one of those for months, though I can't justify it since it sadly wouldn't fit my playing style. Still. They look so damn gorgeous... when I'm rich and famous and can dedicate a room in my mansion to showing off guitars, one of those is going to get a spotlight on one of the walls. **** the American models, that thing is the sexiest guitar Fender have ever made.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
bump for these beautiful guitars.

does anyone know if you could put the silver parts (rythym circuit, vol/tone for lead circuit) from a Jaguar on a Jazzmaster? maybe with some small cutting of the pickguard?