krank distortus distortion pedal - this is the pedal i have decided to get for my peavey valveking half stack, but only based on reviews

Does anyone agree or think differently just so i know that im getting a good peal forget the price
Look up clips on youtube. See if you like the sound. Then go out and try it. If you definitely like it then, get it.

Mike's 4 step method for purchasing gear.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Why do you feel that you need a pedal - What are you trying to achieve and what is it about you're tone that you're unhappy with?

Why do you want this pedal in particular?

Have you looked into anything else?

What's your budget?

Are you willing to buy used?
Check his other thread Will. He just bought a VK halfstack and is waiting for it to arrive.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Check his other thread Will. He just bought a VK halfstack and is waiting for it to arrive.

Wait... why buy a pedal if you haven't even played the amp yet!?

Or, better yet, why buy an amp if you feel that you will need a distortion pedal from the get go!?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Wait... why buy a pedal if you haven't even played the amp yet!?

Or, better yet, why buy an amp if you feel that you will need a distortion pedal from the get go!?

This.

But he already is set to get the amp. Dude, I'd say wait and see if you like the amp before buying a pedal.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
wow dude wait and try out your amp before getting a pedal plus its a high gain amp any how. How long you been playing guitar?
I wouldn't call it a "high gain" amp. It's one of those amps that wants to be a high gain amp when it grows up.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by SpawnSC
wow dude wait and try out your amp before getting a pedal plus its a high gain amp any how. How long you been playing guitar?

It's not at all a high gain amp. It falls into the mid gain category and is best suited for rock. People try to make it a high gain amp but, imo, it fails miserably no matter how many upgrades are put into it.