Hey pit,
Im looking for a cheap beginner keyboard that is suitable for Techno/Electronica type stuff and also some good clean piano sounds. I want to be able to incorporate some of that into my music. So far Im looking at the discontinued Korg Micro X. I like the sounds, but its 350 on ebay and I dont know If im willing to spend that type of money yet. Suggestions, Pit?

TL;DR: I want a cheap synth keyboard.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
personally, i'd just get some free VSTs, assuming you have the software for them.

but that Korg is pretty good.

if i think of any good cheap ones, i'll be back.
It's gonna be hard to get a really decent piano sound for cheap. I would just recommend a USB compatible keyboard and a load of VSTs.
🙈 🙉 🙊
whats a VST?
Ive been looking for the same thing myself
love is love // return to dust
Quote by tancanada
whats a VST?
Ive been looking for the same thing myself

Like FX pedals on the computer, to put it REALLY simply

www.kvraudio.com has a lot of them, you run MIDI data through a VST, and it plays it all cool sounding and what not.
has a terrible signature.
Thanks, guys. I think Im getting a USB compatible mini keyboard for christmass.
Would This do? http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/Akai-Professional-LPK25-Laptop-Performance-Keyboard?sku=583106
And how would I go about getting these VSTs? Recommend me some good ones?
Also, what software do I need to use them?
Only thing I know of is Audacity.
Quote by c3powil
Thanks, guys. I think Im getting a USB compatible mini keyboard for christmass.
Would This do? http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/Akai-Professional-LPK25-Laptop-Performance-Keyboard?sku=583106
And how would I go about getting these VSTs? Recommend me some good ones?
Also, what software do I need to use them?

That would do, but 2 octaves limits you a little bit. Try and find at least a 3 octave one.
YOu can get a great deal of VSTs at www.kvraudio.com , both free and commercial ones. For a free piano VST, try DSK AcousticKeyz (You'll need to tweak it a bit to make it sound good though). In fact, the whole DSK plugin range is great. I also recommend KarmaFX for reverb and delay effects.

To use them without wanting to record or anything just get VSTHost. If you want to record you just load them in your chosen VST compatible DAW.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Thanks!
I have a recorder. A boss Micro BR. I could just use the line in on that from the headphone out on my computer to record.
Yeah that would work but if you want to record multitrack stuff it would make it a lot easier if you got a Digital Audio Workstation. My recommendation is Reaper. All you have to do there is plug in your keyboard, set it as the input device, and load a VST instrument of your choice. Thast way you can record multiple tracks a lot easier.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Ok, Ill check that out. Thanks.
That Micro-Korg is incredibly irritating after about a week. The sound are fun at first, but you will get tired of them.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Get a midi keyboard and acquire stuff online, so much easier. Many more options, cheaper.

What do you mean aquire stuff online, you can aquire sounds for the midi keyboard online? That's awesome...

If not, anyone know the best midi sequencer? I don't know why money is an issue if you have utorrent, of course you'll need to buy it if actually plan to publish or send the music in or something...