I think that it's pretty good mate, but my main concern is that the notes are wrong in the intro area when you have the two guitars playing together. The thing definitely sounds to sharp there... and there is general sloppiness elsewhere but it is pretty much due to the fact that you are deviating from the song's own rhythm.

In general, you did a great job... if the song were played that way. Go back and listen to the original recording and you will see that the rhythm doesn't match up perfectly and that any 2-guitar harmony is seriously out of tune. In all... a solid cover still.
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
I know the harmony is wrong.

I hate the way the real harmony sounds.
Also, keep in mind that i played it in drop C, A full step lower then the original

And the tempo is a few BPM's up as well
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Last edited by SquierLolz at Dec 23, 2009,
If you're going to do a "true" cover, make sure you're in the real tuning of the song. I'd call this more of a remake than a cover, because you definitely added a lot of extra subtle things to add your own voice. Don't get me wrong, it was good. I enjoyed it. I really didn't like your tone though. It sounded just too... Grizzly? I can't find the word for it.
Quote by TatarSalad2
If you're going to do a "true" cover, make sure you're in the real tuning of the song. I'd call this more of a remake than a cover, because you definitely added a lot of extra subtle things to add your own voice. Don't get me wrong, it was good. I enjoyed it. I really didn't like your tone though. It sounded just too... Grizzly? I can't find the word for it.

That's not right.

When you cover a song, you play it your own way
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H