Hi guys, I just got this piece of gear today (for free) and I couldn't find much info about it on the interwebs. Just wondering if anyone can give me ANY info at all, I'll take whatever you've got. As you can see it's been neglected and I'm not even sure if it's working. The tubes are glowing but I can't connect it to my cab because the dial on the back to change the resistance is jammed.

Pics:

Thanks
DO NOT turn it on without a cabinet connected. You will burn out the tubes or the power transformer.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Quote by The_Marshall_Gu
DO NOT turn it on without a cabinet connected. You will burn out the tubes or the power transformer.

Sounds like he already did....
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have briefly used a carlsboro valve head, probably a little more recent (Drummer's dad's, quite decent too tbh). The current stuff they make is more cheap SS amps, but they made some very nice if quite industrial amps back in the 70's. Definately get it checked, they're usually pretty solid, but you might've already run it with no load. Which is never good
email http://www.amps-n-bits.com/ and see if they have got any info on it.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Old valve PA head, probably nothing special and certainly not suited to guitar.

A lot of 60/70s PA systems borrowed heavily from guitar amps though (Marshall's early PA heads were basically Plexis), so I'd get a tech's advice about it.