I just got a letter from my school saying that "all performing arts classes with the exception of dance will no longer receive academic credit". Do you know what this means? All my years in the jazz band, chamber orchestra, and rock band will no longer count towards my GPA or art credits. And the bottom line is I am fucking pissed. Surely there is a way I can get this overturned. Would a petition or some kind of protest get the job done?
Shall I sing the blues clues song?
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Get hold of a biological weapon and threaten to use it on the school?

Should work
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
surely if they say 'no longer' it means that all past activities will receive credit...
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Jazz band, chamber orchestra, and rock band don't count towards academic credits but dance does?

What is this...?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
surely if they say 'no longer' it means that all past activities will receive credit...

Pretty sure he's right.
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
your school has a rock band class?? that's awesome!
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Quote by Lemoninfluence

This would be the case, I'm almost certain... If not, plenty of people would not be graduating on time, which would cause some major problems.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

If not, sit outside the principal's office and sing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jN5vqEyV7g

Maybe you'll receive extra credits. Oh, wait.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
but why should I have to fucking take pottery just because music isn't a real art class? I think I am gonna switch schools or threaten to stop paying tuition.
Quote by loudog93
but why should I have to fucking take pottery just because music isn't a real art class? I think I am gonna switch schools or threaten to stop paying tuition.

Don't do that, they won't care about one student.
no, they wont care about one student. Get everyone else from your arts classes involved in your protest.
Wtf? Why the hell haven't they taken away dance too? Music takes years of hard work and a lot of theory knowledge, it's way harder than dancing. Plus the fact that without music there would be NO dance class at all. Dude, your school's retarded.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by Zoot Allures
This, what kind of elitism is it that decides music isn't worthy but all these other things are? Dance?! Come on..

This.
You should write a protest song, but instead of playing/singing it, interpret it rhough dance.
When noone understands it, you can then say "and that's why dance is bullshit. You'd have understood the song".
Quote by MightyAl
This.
You should write a protest song, but instead of playing/singing it, interpret it rhough dance.
When noone understands it, you can then say "and that's why dance is bullshit. You'd have understood the song".

lol this, that'll show 'em
Last edited by phoenix_crush at Dec 18, 2009,
Presumably sports and other jock stuff will do?

That's insane. It's been extensively proven that learning music, especially theory improves mathematics in children.
Make them give you credit for what you've done, idk :shrug
DeVillains!
your pic makes you look like you're in highschool... get your parents to bitch about it...

shit that even works in college... they wouldn't move me out of my room until my parents bitched, then i was moved the next day.

Students never matter, but when the parents get involved shit gets changed.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Presumably sports and other jock stuff will do?

That's insane. It's been extensively proven that learning music, especially theory improves mathematics in children.

I doubt it, sports usually doesn't count for credit. This is total bullshit, though. How can you justify not giving credit for the performing arts? Hell, where I live, you're required to have a 1/2 credit in art to graduate (can't remember if it's for a standard diploma or advanced diploma, but I don't care since I've taken orchestra every year).
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by technicolour
Yeah, but dance has a chance to reduce the fatness of students...lols

So does prancing around the stage. Tell me doing this for at least an hour every night isn't a workout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2YJm03Oqc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euOrnZZkzKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DftQYxA_OtQ (I'd say finding the excuse to post this twice in 1 week is a major victory on my part)
i am in highschool and if I post a petition online could I get all the pit members to sign it? Me and my guitar player are getting his dad, who is a lawyer, to write a formal petition. Hopefully we can have the petition ready in january. also, just to get people involved, would holding a sit in of some sort work well?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
lol dance isn't art. it's a bunch of bitchy girls jumpin around.

Maybe the form of dance that girls can get credit for is one of 'exotic', 'pole' or 'lap'.
Quote by loudog93
i am in highschool and if I post a petition online could I get all the pit members to sign it? Me and my guitar player are getting his dad, who is a lawyer, to write a formal petition. Hopefully we can have the petition ready in january. also, just to get people involved, would holding a sit in of some sort work well?

that sounds like a good idea except idk how much your school would care because none of us go there but its always worth a shot

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Your school has a rock band?

My high school only had a jazz band, but it never got off the ground after I was in 10th grade. And it was only an extracurricular.

I started playing jazz at the beginning of 11th grade, too.
I, too, got a letter this morning. What do you reckon it said? It said, "Hurry, Hurry, for the gal you love is dead." So I grabbed up my suitcase and took of down the road. When I got there, she was layin' on a coolin' board. Well, I walked up right close, and looked down at here face and said, "The good ole gal got to lay here til the Judgement Day."
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Sorry man. That sounds horrible.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
show the collage this page
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.