My Boss delay pedal is making crackly noises when I turn it on and play. It seems to do this no matter what settings I have it on. Anything I can try?I have my GE-7 plugged into the input and my NS-2 in the output. They are all in the effects loop. Thanks!
I've just tried changing both cables on either side of it and it makes no difference. I dont think it is a cable issue, as the GE-7 runs through the DD-3 and it works fine. I'm guessing the problem is either in the electronics or in one of the jacks on the pedal.
Does it do this all the time? Did you try unhooking all of the of other pedals and just using it alone? You need to use process of elimination here. Try all your options, change out the cables, replace the battery, put the other pedals in different orders. If this doesn't work try giggling the jack to see if it crackles, it may jut be a loose nut on the input jack.... if its none of these then it may just be the guts of the pedal.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

It seems to do it whether it's on it's own or not... It does the same when skipping the GE-7. I tried it with just the NS-2 and it did the same. I get intermittent crackling whenever the delay is on and I am playing. It does the same thing on both my guitars, and on both amp channels. I also tried changing which power supply daisy chain I use, and it didn't make a difference. I wiggled both wires either side of it, tried replacing them, and it still gives me an annoying cracking sound that basically makes the thing unusable...
Hmmm, I think you've eliminated most of the possibilities, so at this point I'm thinking internals, unfortunately.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Alright, does it make the crackling sound in even intervals, basically crackling every time it repeats? If it does this there is a problem with the insides of it im sorry to say, also has it always done this or is it just a recent thing. I know of some delay pedals that simply dont sound good with tube amps.
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

It kinda crackles when I play the note, and then randomly crackles while it's repeating. Thing is, I can't hear it repeating because of the crackling

So no, it's not like a periodic crackle on every delay.

I think it's been like this since I got it. I remember it sounding fine at home, and then noisy at band practices, and tonight I have my amp cranked pretty loud and it's only now that I've been able to diagnose a problem.

If it is the wiring, is there anything I can do about it?
With boss pedals not so much. You could open it up and look at the wiring for it, maybe you could spot a loose wire and solder it back on. Check around the inputs and outputs maybe its just a bad connection. But besides that boss pedals are mostly circuit board, making them extremely hard for someone without serious pedal knowledge to fix.... sorry man.

Quote by schtick_bomb
With boss pedals not so much. You could open it up and look at the wiring for it, maybe you could spot a loose wire and solder it back on. Check around the inputs and outputs maybe its just a bad connection. But besides that boss pedals are mostly circuit board, making them extremely hard for someone without serious pedal knowledge to fix.... sorry man.

Ya the best you can hope for is a bum input jack, but if that were the case wiggling it would probably cause it to crackle. Open it up and look if you want, but its not looking good.

I wonder if you sent it to Keeley if they could fix it as they mod... They're DD-3 mod sounds awesome I really want to send mine.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!