Two days ago I went to one of my local music stores and saw this beatiful red se custom 24 (I'd never seen a prs in person), and I tried it.
It was just incredible, that guitar played like a dream, for reaal.
And I instantly decided to save for one (got no money right now).
And when I came home and visited prs site, I just saw this message:

The SE Custom 24 has been discontinued. Please check with your local authorized PRS dealer for availability.

The SE Custom 24 features a mahogany body, maple top with a flame maple veneer, three piece wide-thin maple neck, rosewood fretboard and moon inlays. Incorporating PRS designed HFS treble and bass pickups, the SE Custom 24 produces a wide range of tonal possibilities enhanced by a variety of switching options.

It totally broke my heart
I know I can get one used for a reasonable prize and bla bla, but I really want a new one, and besides, here in MEXICO prs isn't that famous and there are none of 'em around. I don't save money that fast to get the prs I saw, which was 9800 pesos (mexican currency) which is something like 750 dlls.

So what should I mostly do?
Christmas gift is already used hahaha
I know I can buy an SE custom 22, but I really need those 24 frets
Do you think they'll get it on the market again? Get a job? Say goodbyee?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's the sound of Satan himself ripping through the electronics in the guitar....

It's a pinch harmonic, dude.
Last edited by CesarRoks at Dec 18, 2009,
Try to find a used one

Edit:
Crap I didn't read the part were you aren't going for used.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Last edited by SGburnsRED at Dec 18, 2009,
wtf are all the good guitars going outta production?
there are some new additions to the SE series maybe its been replaced ? ? but the se custom 24 was on of the best in my opinion , shame its discontinued
Unfortunately once the new stock is sold you will have to buy a second hand one. If you are experienced enough with guitars buying second hand is fine. Alot of people buy guitars play them a bit then they gather dust. There are some real good second hand deals out there.
I'm not worried about it, they discontinued a lot of SE models, which (hopefully) means that they designed some new, better SE models. I think that they've been expanding their factory a bit, so they'll probably come out with some new SE models in '10.
Quote by SlayingDragons
I'm not worried about it, they discontinued a lot of SE models, which (hopefully) means that they designed some new, better SE models. I think that they've been expanding their factory a bit, so they'll probably come out with some new SE models in '10.

There's already some new PRS SE announced
There a thread somewhere
Hang on

So, here they are:

EDIT: names, as requested:
Allender SE | Cantanese SE | Akerfeldt SE | SE Torero

Price range? I think around $600-$1000... See here.
And yes, the Torero has EMG's and FR... Big mistake, imho.

Personally, and as a huge Opeth fan, i was eagerly expecting the PRS Akerfeldt SE model.

What a disappointment.
The Opeth logo under the bridge makes the guitar look like it could be the little prize inside a cereal box. The golden hardware was a major turn-off (i prefer chrome with the dark cherry finish).
The good thing? The bird inlays. But for me, they aren't worth it.

The other models look like any guitar that could come from Ibanez or ESP/LTD, for example (well, maybe not the Allender model).
And PRS, for me, has always been a brand that had "special" guitars.

Maybe they're looking to appeal to a wider market, but i'm not sure this is the way to go...

There you go
All credit goes to Linkerman
From here
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1244259&highlight=New+PRS+SE
Last edited by Gods_Gift at Dec 18, 2009,
Man, take a stroll through the PRS website! They are discontinuing almost everything except for their 25th Anniversary models! I saw a report on the news a few weeks ago that said PRS had to make major cuts in employees and production because the bad economy was killing them. I guess it is now or never if you want a PRS.
GOOD. Nah, I'm pretty neutral about the PRS SE line but I was disappointed because of a SE Custom 24 one time. Talking to some guy, he said he played guitar too, had a PRS Custom 24. I was impressed, wanted to jam with him and try his guitar. Went over to his place eventually, he brought it out and it was a SE Custom 24...

Oh well all he could play was a few RHCP songs anyway he couldn't improv worth a damn..
PRS could probably save itself if they made an entry level line. I think entry level guitars probably sell the most because they're cheap, and even SE's are kind of out of beginner's price ranges.
Quote by Offworld92
PRS could probably save itself if they made an entry level line. I think entry level guitars probably sell the most because they're cheap, and even SE's are kind of out of beginner's price ranges.

I totally agree with this opinion. I mean come on! New players or at least most newbies do not and I mean do not spend that kind of money on a first guitar. That is actual quite an investment for someone that is just trying to learn for the first time. The first Santana SE was my first electric guitar but I had been playing on a $150 fender acoustic for a couple years before I went electric. I know if I would have started with just an electric first, that it wouldn't have been a $400-$1000 SE model. So there is definitely room for them to save their own butts with an even cheaper starter guitar line that they are ignoring. Well it is up to them! I still love PRS products though and will definately consider them for my next purchase once again.
Im totally sorry man. You're not alone because my beloved dream guitar was discontinued. The Ibanez SZ320. RIP
Gear
Ibanez GIO Electric Guitar
Ibanez V50 Acoustic Guitar
Peavey Vypyr 75watt
RP55 Guitar Modulation (thinking of selling)

Fairmount Avenue
Quote by FatalGear41
Man, take a stroll through the PRS website! They are discontinuing almost everything except for their 25th Anniversary models! I saw a report on the news a few weeks ago that said PRS had to make major cuts in employees and production because the bad economy was killing them. I guess it is now or never if you want a PRS.

Yeah, this would make sense then.. I would imagine that made-for-metal guitars like ESP and Schecter are pretty well selling, so if PRS is in a slump, then the best way to get out of it would be to make metal guitars... I guess.

slayingedit: I like the one the left. The red one on the right looks pretty cool, too.

Quote by Offworld92

And this. The only reason that brands like Ibanez and Squire and such make so much money is for their low-end, chinese-made beginner guitars.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Dec 18, 2009,