hey ug

bought a crap LP copy years ago but learnt that its actually made of quite nice wood so i thought i'd give it a little surgery
sadly i'm not too aware of brands for hardware

already decided my pickups so thats not a problem

i would like opinions on
graph tech saddles?

and would like suggestions on
tuners and and tune-o-matic bridges
not sure if this will help but i play anything from funk to metal
but id rather it be geared for heavier genres

btw budget isn't too much of a problem preferably everything costing no more than £200

thanks in advance
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Last edited by superfish1232 at Dec 18, 2009,
schaller bridges are pretty good and can be found fo about £50 as part of a bridge and tail piece set.
for tuners look at locking tuners from schaller and groover, both should be found for less than £30 for a set of 6.
^ thanks they were the ones i'd heard of
think i can got some grover or gotoh tuners for £30
and i'll look at schaller for bridges

anyone heard anything on the graph tech saddles? for £30 are they a worthwhile investment?
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Quote by superfish1232

anyone heard anything on the graph tech saddles? for £30 are they a worthwhile investment?

when you buy a tune o matic bridge the saddles come with it so there's no need to buy new ones
Quote by superfish1232

If you can get your hands on Graphtech saddles and a Graphtech nut, then do it. The stuff is amazing, improves sustain, tuning stability, tone, and string life. I have the Teflon saddles and nut on my Squier, keeps the trem in tune nicely, and I have a shit tone of sustain and my pinch harmonics are much better.

Deffinatly worth the money.
Gotoh TOM is pretty nice, and not very expensive (I think it's around $21 US on stewmac, so pre-shipping from there it's about 13 GBP).

The brands to look at for tuners are Schaller, Gotoh, Grover, and Sperzel. They're the "big four" of tuners.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ thanks everyone the advice and help
gunna get some of my old guitar crap on ebay + my own cash and get a schaller bridge probably grover tuners and order some graph tech saddles and possibly the nut aswell
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+