im not really sure which one to go with but i have a couble of options.
dimarzio d activator
blackout
emg alx

theres currently a sd distortion in there but i just kind of want a clear agressive sound and i know these pickups are prolly the right kind for it. so please let me know thanks
I would go with the blackout.
I have a set on my Ibanez and they are really nice.
Quote by MG_Sora
I would go with the blackout.
I have a set on my Ibanez and they are really nice.

ty for replaying i have had the blackouts once when i had the xiphos and they sounded sick but im wondering what it would sound like with alder body instead of mohgandy
Duncan Distortion is very tone specific. Bad choice.

I know the exchange rate sucks right now but a Bareknuckle is an excellent passive pickup.

I think the Blackout will sound more like a passive, but its just as hot as the EMG.
It will enhance the tone of the alder, but EMG's make erything sound the same.
They are better suited for players with the core of their tone coming from effects.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
Duncan Distortion is very tone specific. Bad choice.

I know the exchange rate sucks right now but a Bareknuckle is an excellent passive pickup.

I think the Blackout will sound more like a passive, but its just as hot as the EMG.
It will enhance the tone of the alder, but EMG's make erything sound the same.
They are better suited for players with the core of their tone coming from effects.

ty for the reply i got my alexi for 400 and it already the duncan in it. has anyone tryed the emg alx. im wondering how it compares to the blackout