So I have a Schechter C-1+ with the passive stock Duncan pickups. Whenever I plug it in and Im using even moderately high gain, it makes this loud awful screeching noise, even when Im muting the strings. I can sometimes hear it a little on a clean setting. If I turn the pickup volume all the way down, I don't hear it anymore so I am pretty sure it is the pickups. Is there anything I can do to fix, or will I have get new pickups or what? Thanks for the help.
Could you explain the screeching better? is it just feedback or what? If so try standing at different distances from your amp, or face away from it when yo play, also mess with the volume and EQ of your amp a little bit. If this doesn't fox the issue, take the guitar into guitar center and play other amps, if the "screeching" persists in other amps, then it is your pickups... good luck
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Yeah its like feedback, except its really loud and persistent. And it doesnt matter how far I stand away or which direction I face. Even when Im standing behind the amp, it still makes the noise.
sounds like they're microphonic. you could either get them wax potted, or just use it as an excuse to upgrade the pickups if you aren't too fond of the stock ones. EDIT: if it's under warranty you might even be able to get them potted for free (or else they might just put new pickups in it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sounds like they're microphonic. you could either get them wax potted, or just use it as an excuse to upgrade the pickups if you aren't too fond of the stock ones. EDIT: if it's under warranty you might even be able to get them potted for free (or else they might just put new pickups in it).

THIS, i would still take it to a different amp just to be safe, say a friends amplifier or just to guitar center. But dont bother with wax coating, i believe its slightly expensive and not really worth it for those pickups. Just upgrade em.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.