i had a previous thread like this but didnt get responses i needed. Im looking for some bands that have some good lead, and good rhythm guitar parts. and when i say rhythm i mean not just chords and such, intricate and fun to play parts. last time i got a bunch of metal bands (megadeth, iron maiden, judas preist etc.) and thats not what im looking for. im looking for bands LIKE coheed and cambria in terms of music and guitar parts. bands that can have darker sides but also put on a good ballad and everything inbetween. thanks for responses.

EDIT: im looking for bands that strictly have two guitars. thanks.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Dec 18, 2009,
sum 41 has a lot of fun stuff to play, you could try seether, some of papa roach's old stuff is fun, you could try cky and billy talent also
If you want fun things to play you don't need that kind of heavy metal. Deep Purple has great melodies, like Strange Kind Of Woman and Child In Time, with great guitar works. Of course, there's Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Blackmore's Rainbow...
Quote by vsdornelas
If you want fun things to play you don't need that kind of heavy metal. Deep Purple has great melodies, like Strange Kind Of Woman and Child In Time, with great guitar works. Of course, there's Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Blackmore's Rainbow...

zeppelin was only one guitar right? im wondering cause im looking for some new things for me and my guys to try out.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
rise agaisnt is pretty fun to play, three days grace is alright, also maybe some rage against the machine or the used
Guns and Roses (Sweet Child has some great parts)
Black Sabbath
Led Zepplin

Any classic rock really
coheed is great. similar band is fall of troy. kinda more abstract than coheed but still really good
Quote by lmpguitarist
coheed is great. similar band is fall of troy. kinda more abstract than coheed but still really good

what do you mean absatract?

EDIT: wait they only have one guitar.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Alter Bridge. Quite complex guitar play and not at all a spam can of chords.
PRS SE Custom 22 <3
Fender Stratocaster '57 RI
Fender Super Champ XD
Tanglewood TW115 CW
Quote by Azunaii
Alter Bridge. Quite complex guitar play and not at all a spam can of chords.

just looked them up, im listening to white knuckles. i really like it but it may be a bit to mettaly...

EDIT: too bad theyre in drop C# and my guitar isnt set up for that lol
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
You could just have the second guitarist play the harmony of whatever you're playing if the band (Led Zepp for example) are one guitar bands.

You won't find many non metal bands that use two guitarists that play intricate things. Just my opinion.
Queen
The Stone Roses

Only one guitarist but plenty of guitar parts nonetheless.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by diceksox1809
just looked them up, im listening to white knuckles. i really like it but it may be a bit to mettaly...

EDIT: too bad theyre in drop C# and my guitar isnt set up for that lol

You don't really need your guitar "set up" for drop C#. It sounds intimidating, but it's just 1/2 step down on all strings from drop D. My band plays almost exclusively in drop C#, and I've never had to set up my guitars other than slightly adjusting spring tension on my tremolo bridges.
For the riffs Funeral for a friend but then they don't do solos but the riffs do make up for that.
Quote by diceksox1809
zeppelin was only one guitar right? im wondering cause im looking for some new things for me and my guys to try out.

Yes, so is Deep Purple, but both Zeppelin and Purple recorded rhythm guitar parts to the guitar solos, at least in most part of the songs.
Three Days Grace?
Gear
Ibanez GIO Electric Guitar
Ibanez V50 Acoustic Guitar
Peavey Vypyr 75watt
RP55 Guitar Modulation (thinking of selling)

Fairmount Avenue
Dinosaur Jr. absolutley. Only one guitar part, but J Mascis is god and makes it last a lifetime. youtube some shit.