So I've been thinking about buying myself an 80s-style shred guitar just for something a little different. I'm basically just looking for something with a floating bridge as an alternative to my current hardtail setup.

Now I know that generally a good floating bridge can be pretty pricey, but really I have no clue about them at all so I wouldn't even know what sort of price range to look at for something decent.

Here's the guitar I've been thinking about buying, a Jackson DK2M:

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=07052216582429

How's the bridge on this thing? Does it hold tuning reasonably well? And is there anything that I should watch out for when checking out guitars with floating bridges?

Cheers.
for a mid range guitar they are good imo, the own brand floyd is pretty solid also. I'd go for it if you can get a good deal on it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
The Jackson DK2 is an excellent choice for a not too expensive guitar with a floating bridge. The licensed trems by Jackson are among the best out there, and the tuning machines hold their tune pretty well.

The build quality for the price range is top notch, as well as the overall fit and finish. The DK2s are some of the best japanese guitars Jackson makes.

As always, try before you buy. What you want to look for in a floating bridge is how well the guitar stays in tune, the quality of the metal that makes up the bridge itself and the tuning locks, and the quality of the tuning machines.

I think all of that considered, the DK2 is a good choice. For an alternative you can always check out the ESP LTD M-1000. It is very similar spec wise, but it has active EMG 81 and 85s. The DK2 comes with passive duncans, and the differences between the two are another thread altogether.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
there epic i have one an love it
GEAR:

Jackson dk2m

Marshall jcm2000 dsl

Schecter omen6 diamond series

looks great, but if you _really_ want an 80's shred machine, get an 80s BC Rich, Ibanez, or Kramer
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by Richmanofaction
The Jackson DK2 is an excellent choice for a not too expensive guitar with a floating bridge. The licensed trems by Jackson are among the best out there, and the tuning machines hold their tune pretty well.

The build quality for the price range is top notch, as well as the overall fit and finish. The DK2s are some of the best japanese guitars Jackson makes.

As always, try before you buy. What you want to look for in a floating bridge is how well the guitar stays in tune, the quality of the metal that makes up the bridge itself and the tuning locks, and the quality of the tuning machines.

I think all of that considered, the DK2 is a good choice. For an alternative you can always check out the ESP LTD M-1000. It is very similar spec wise, but it has active EMG 81 and 85s. The DK2 comes with passive duncans, and the differences between the two are another thread altogether.

^ This. I have a DK2M myself (in the white finish *drool*), and I love it. It really is one of the best guitars for the price out there.
Cheers guys. Looks like I'll be heading into town to try and snag myself one of these things before Christmas.
I was wondering,
Would the jackson DK2M be better if i installed Sd Blackouts.
No, absolutely not
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl