Hey,
Started writing this almost a year ago, finally got around to finishing/recording it. It will probably change/get tightened up at some point, but this is a listenable/crit-able version.

Epi Les Paul for all rhythms and some leads
Epi SG for some leads
Bass, drums and synth composed in GP5 and made real with hamienet.
Recorded/mixed in Abelton Live 7 thru Line 6 UX2

titled 1-20-09 until it receives vocals.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/irongolem85/
That's pretty good. I think it's pretty tight. The clean piano break was very tasteful. The riffs were also pretty good, nothing wrong about them at all, some of the arpeggios that you've incorporated in the riffs sound real random though. I enjoyed it. I'm not into your solo, the bluesy style doesn't seem to fit. Although, it reminds me of Opeth a bit, and it is full of feel, so it works itself out I guess. Good song. I'm not a huge fan of the sharp, mid-scooped tone. That's just personal preference. Everything sounds alright. Good work.
Not a fan of the "symphonic" style too much but i guess i liked some of the riffs, I liked how it transformed to a thrash metal song at 3:25, that riff I liked, it has a metallica vibe...the piano outro and interlude was nice too...I would recommend you to work a little on the monotony of the song...try palm muting another note than isn't 0 in the 6th string
I like the song. It has dynamics and flows very well. It Seems to have a mix of a few thrash bands. Testament being one that I notice quite strongly. Metallica and Megadeth I can also hear. There is some great riffs in this song and the drums work really well.

For me the guitar tone is a little too scooped for my liking. There seems to be some annoying treble frequencies that are spiking which add a kind of harsh overtone to the whole mix. I was surprised to see how you done the drums and am very surpirsed how they have turned out. There are some points where they sound very machine like but overall sound great considering the way you done it.
Love this song! As mentioned above, very Opethy. I think the solo was perfect for the song. What did you use for the drums? I hate the drums on my recorder, sound like shit.
Quote by metal4ever6328
Love this song! As mentioned above, very Opethy. I think the solo was perfect for the song. What did you use for the drums? I hate the drums on my recorder, sound like shit.

I used Guitar Pro 5 to compose them, then exported them as midi's and used the website hamienet.com to change them to .wav files. I used their instrument sets 2 and 4 to blend for a thicker sound.
Quote by face_the_fear
I like the song. It has dynamics and flows very well. It Seems to have a mix of a few thrash bands. Testament being one that I notice quite strongly. Metallica and Megadeth I can also hear. There is some great riffs in this song and the drums work really well.

For me the guitar tone is a little too scooped for my liking. There seems to be some annoying treble frequencies that are spiking which add a kind of harsh overtone to the whole mix. I was surprised to see how you done the drums and am very surpirsed how they have turned out. There are some points where they sound very machine like but overall sound great considering the way you done it.

Thanks! I do love Testament and 'tallica...I'm starting to get into megadeth more than I have been before. The end of the song specifically seems to be getting a thrash comparison.

About the tone, I agree that its a bit scooped...I'm trying to remember why I was trying that tone...maybe I'll rerecord with a different tone...and there are definitely some strange spikes, but I'm not a mastering whiz, so I'm not sure how to take care of that.
dude i ****in love it. i especially like the synth, it just gives it that like...graveyard music kind of feel. drums are programmed well, guitar tone is good too. i'm impressed..
solos kick ass.
one thing, the riff that starts at 35, its just a few powerchords with a bass lead, i would turn up the bass, or maybe mimick it on the synth. the guitars are just a little loud, so you listen to them for the lead when really the bass is shredding
Quote by nine01n
dude i ****in love it. i especially like the synth, it just gives it that like...graveyard music kind of feel. drums are programmed well, guitar tone is good too. i'm impressed..
solos kick ass.
one thing, the riff that starts at 35, its just a few powerchords with a bass lead, i would turn up the bass, or maybe mimick it on the synth. the guitars are just a little loud, so you listen to them for the lead when really the bass is shredding

Yea, I will probably do that with the bass. I didn't do any enveloping, I got lazy once I got all the tracks down. Plus it'll sound different when I get my actual bass player playing it.

But thnx for the praise, I appreciate the crit.