Ok so I'm looking for a new amp, somthing loud enough for little gigs and such but probably under 30-50 watts. I play blues and some harder rock but not full on metal. Also need cleans. What I would like to do is since theres so many out now is get a "mini stack" or one of the small amp heads then buy my own speakers instead of a combo. Need it to be under 500$ for just the the head. Ones I'v been looking at are the Jet City and Tiny Terror and the Blackheart handsome devil. Open to any suggestions.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
The Jet city will probably handle hard rock better than the other two.

However of those three i like the Handsome Devil the best, but it will need a boost for heavier stuff.

Other amps to look at would be the vox night train and egnater rebel, also don't discount combos, you could pick up a peavey classic 30 used for that price.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Also would like to hear from anyone that has tried the Bugera V55HD head.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
A used DR. Z Mini Z with an overdrive in front of it would sound schweet.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
A used DR. Z Mini Z with an overdrive in front of it would sound schweet.

I don't think thats under $500...

+1 to the Peavey Classic and Bugera V55. The Classic series is a great amp...and the Bugera sounded amazing when I played it. Haven't got to play the Jet City yet.
one other i might should consider is at my local guitar center they have a blackstar ht-5 fullstack 2 1x10's and the head for 479? I might go down tommorow and pick it up. not sure though.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000