All of my pedals keep mysteriously breaking. I've gone through a Boss Os-2 (I thought those were immortal!) and a BBE Crusher in a very short period of time. They are both phenominal pedals, until the sound just kind of went into a "buzz" and there was no distortion, just an unwanted brand of fuzzy buzzing. What could be causing this? I was thinking that i had them too close to the amp at all times, like what happens with pickups? If you could help me out, that would be awesome.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Could be the power supply like nightraven said.
If you're using cheap ones then that could be making it go funny. Use Boss/Roland Plugs or really good batteries.
Quote by adambauman31
sounds like dead batteries

if the batteries were dead, they prolly wouldnt buzz and make bad noise, they would prolly just not turn on..............

yaaaa.........
Rig:
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
Some modulation effects go crazy with a dying battery.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by JRKul393
if the batteries were dead, they prolly wouldnt buzz and make bad noise, they would prolly just not turn on..............

yaaaa.........

not completely dead..............

yaaaa...

and use some ****ing correct spelling
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
Quote by littlejoy
not completely dead..............

yaaaa...

and use some ****ing correct spelling

Someones pissed off today
Quote by JRKul393

yaaaa.........

No, most analog pedals start to buzz and make weird noises when the batteries are dying. Most digital pedals just stop working altogether. Batteries don't just go from full to zero, the voltage drops gradually as they die. I built one of these just to get dying battery sounds: http://www.beavisaudio.com/Projects/DBS/ does some great things to fuzz face pedals.

I think two of the suggestions here make sense: 1. the batteries are just dying. Or 2. TS used the wrong adapter. If it was lower than 9v it would sound just like something with a dying battery, if it was higher than 9v it could eventually have burnt out any sensitive stuff like ICs or transistors.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Dec 18, 2009,
I'm using a boss adapter. I've tried a couple of other adapters and it still sounds the same. I sent it off to boss and they gave it back to me saying that nothing was wrong with it.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.