i want one, there is obviously the steinberger spirit range (+honer) onwarsd but ive seen some beauties and missed out on a weston somethingoranother which was BEAUTIFUL. i literally just didnt check ebay one day and it was gone, i would of bet ridiculus amounts on that too. any suggestions anyway, offers? cos i have a fairley decent budget and am basically looking for any bass with 4 strings and no head.
Those headless basses have fallen out of favor since the end of the 1980s, so not as many manufacturers make them these days. Status still offers them, but Status basses are high-end and high-priced. Years ago, Washburn cooperated with Status to release a 4-string headless bass that was pretty much a Status clone. If you can find one used, grab it. It was very well made.
im having no problem finding the steinberger types. and there are various others floating round, i am absolutely fuming about missing that red & black Westone Super Bass, an absolute dream and solf with the hardcase for such a low price too. the Status ones however seem almost non existent from what i can see, look very high class though.
Status is very popular among pro bass players in the U.K., but not as much in the U.S.A. You can't go wrong with a Status, though: top-quality build and parts; most of them have graphite necks and they sound great. Check some of the internet bass sites for used headless basses. I've seen a few good ones recently.
speaking of, Am I the only one who thinks Steinberger needs to build a Demon in their bass line?
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
the only headless basses i can find that dont have the steinberg style body, or lack of a body, have enormous protrusions coming from either side which just make them look plain ugly!
Well, you could try and find a Steinberger XP on ebay, it has more of a "V" shaped body then an XL or a Synapse. Steinberger also made a few basses that had more traditional style bodies with the headless system, and there are a few Spirits based off that design as well if I'm not mistaken. You can keep your eye out for more Westone's, I just found a rail bass that the owner re-finished in yellow (would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash on hand).
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
yeah the XPs are very to my liking. ive tried to find one for a while now but still not luck. if i ever did see one though id get it in a heartbeat!
^ if his budget was that large he could be looking at Status and Zon as well
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by VideoNasty
the only headless basses i can find that dont have the steinberg style body, or lack of a body, have enormous protrusions coming from either side which just make them look plain ugly!

If you can handle the price, Status makes some great-looking and great-playing headless basses. See for yourself:

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html

Hohner Jack bass? I think they look pretty classy and I've seen them go on eBay for just over £200.

I think my 'dream bass' will be always be a Status Streamline, but it costs too much
Quote by Micehorns
I think my 'dream bass' will be always be a Status Streamline, but it costs too much

The Streamline is a bit too futuristic for me (100% woven graphite and the odd body shape). I prefer the S-2 Classic with a headstock. But I don't ever want to spend that much for a bass. At those prices, the thing had ought to play itself.
yeah i agree on that one, the streamline as wonderful a bass as it may be technically, it just looks too artsyfartsy modern for my liking.