He uses PRS Singlecuts mostly I think.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
the singer/guitarist is using a prs, and it all depends on your price range, schecters are the cheapest gibson and PRS are pretty pricey
Schecter would be the best for TDG/A7X. A7X uses Schecters exclusively, and PRS/Gibson aren't really as good a choice for playing mainly metal type music (in my opinion). Also, I don't know if you care or not but Schecters also look a hell of a lot cooler.
That's a PRS. I'd get the Schecter, but for the love of god don't get a Synyster Gates sig.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
That's a PRS. I'd get the Schecter, but for the love of god don't get a Synyster Gates sig.

Why not? :P

Still not sure what to chose... If schecter - which one? Below $1000 please. Gonna watch reviews then

Thx
Quote by Nillvan
Why not? :P

Still not sure what to chose... If schecter - which one? Below $1000 please. Gonna watch reviews then

Thx

because everyone and they're mom has one, and it's really annoying to see every teenage kid around with the same guitar. Also, and this is just my take on sig guitars, you're not Syn, so why are you playing Syn's guitar? You're you, so you should be using your own guitar.

You can get one hell of a Schecter under $1000, there's really a lot of choices.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter,Electric-Guitar-Guitar.gc?o=1

Take your pick, fixed bridge, floyd rose, EMG's, Seymour Duncans, coil tap, whatever you want, they probably have it.
Quote by Offworld92
Schecter would be the best for TDG/A7X. A7X uses Schecters exclusively, and PRS/Gibson aren't really as good a choice for playing mainly metal type music (in my opinion). Also, I don't know if you care or not but Schecters also look a hell of a lot cooler.

Tell that to every metal band that use PRS or Gibson

Can guarantee you they're better than your band
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
i think the other guitarist in TDG uses schecter...

why can't someone use an idol's signature? Like the ibanez MTM1, mick thomson isn't my biggest idol as i have better ones. but his guitar is a beast. i know your only paying for the name... but if it's such a good guitar why not spend the money and get what yeh want?
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Tell that to every metal band that use PRS or Gibson

Can guarantee you they're better than your band

There are more metal bands that don't use those brands than there are who do. A guitar doesn't make a player great, it's the other way around. I'm just saying, generally speaking, a schecter will probably be better for metal. I know when I play a Gibson, it makes me want to play cleans, I never feel like shredding or pinching when I'm holding a Gibson. When I hold an Ibanez, I automatically play metal because the way it feels prompts me to do so.

It's different for every person, I was just speaking generally.
Quote by Offworld92
There are more metal bands that don't use those brands than there are who do. A guitar doesn't make a player great, it's the other way around. I'm just saying, generally speaking, a schecter will probably be better for metal. I know when I play a Gibson, it makes me want to play cleans, I never feel like shredding or pinching when I'm holding a Gibson. When I hold an Ibanez, I automatically play metal because the way it feels prompts me to do so.

It's different for every person, I was just speaking generally.

Shred =/= metal

You don't have to play something at 250bpm to play metal, but thats just avoiding the issue. My point is more that there's nothing wrong with playing metal on a PRS or a Gibson, and I know for a fact a lot of people would probably prefer playing metal on a PRS or Gibson than a Schecter

At the end of a day all we're doing is just throwing two different opinions at eachother in a daft game of conkers
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Shred =/= metal

You don't have to play something at 250bpm to play metal, but thats just avoiding the issue. My point is more that there's nothing wrong with playing metal on a PRS or a Gibson, and I know for a fact a lot of people would probably prefer playing metal on a PRS or Gibson than a Schecter

At the end of a day all we're doing is just throwing two different opinions at eachother in a daft game of conkers

No, metal doesn't have to be shred, I just think it sounds good when used within a metal song. Obviously you're not going to shred through the whole song, that's boring.

Maybe you're right, but it's not very easy to find a locking trem on a PRS or a Gibson, now is it? =P and of course you don't need one, but hey, it's nice to have sometimes. My rant probably has a lot to do with me hating the way PRS and Gibson guitars look too.

Either way, at the end of the day, you're right, it's whatever the player thinks feels better. So, to Nillvan, I think Schecters are better, others don't, you need to play each brand and find out what you like better.