there are quite a few most influential band forums. what i wanna know is who was the most influential singular musician.not a band. whether you want to do influence on society or music or both is up to you.

In my opinion, John Lennon is the most influential musician in history. Between his guitar playing, lyrical GENIOUS, and his ideas of peace on the whole world. he had such a great affect on musicians and people all over the world, without him, there would be no music today. even if there was it'd be total junk.

peace love and happiness,
Neb
Quote by cats73
thats a composer not a musician

HAHAHA! Are you serious?
I can't believe you just said that...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Bach, for his exploration and genius regarding harmony, counterpoint, imitative works and form.

Beethoven supposedly called him "the godfather of harmony" or somesuch.
Quote by descara
Bach, for his exploration and genius regarding harmony, counterpoint, imitative works and form.

Beethoven supposedly called him "the godfather of harmony" or somesuch.

I was going to say Bach
Quote by cats73
he had such a great affect on musicians and people all over the world, without him, there would be no music today. even if there was it'd be total junk.

oh come on, really?

Probably Beethoven. I haven't studied classical music and composers, but it's most likely one of them.
Oliver Sykes
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
in history? then itll have to be one of the many great classical composers that lived 200+ years ago.

as far as our generation, probably the beatles, zepellin, micheal jackson, whomever started the rap and techno movement.

and lets not forget people like danny elfman film music composers, who wrote music for the simpsons, the first batman theme, edward scissorhand etc..

all things put asides, its hard to answer who the most influencial musician in history is, considering everyone is influenced by different artists. it also depends on how much longer humanity survives. for example, if it survives another 500 years and rock music is still played at bars, then maybe those early rock groups from the 50's will have put a much higher impact that we think, even more than Mozart? possibly, but I shouldn't say that, its against the norm.

time will tell i suppose.
no doubt michael jackson or led zeppelin or beatles
Hard Rock,Nu Metal,Trance n Hardstyle lover
Quote by cats73
thats a composer not a musician

The man who built the piano/harpsichord/first keyboard.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Max Roach.

Without him, drummers wouldn't explore what they can do with their kit and drum fills as much. Just listen to rock and roll of the 50s, then listen to Thelonious Monk's Brilliant Corners (featuring Max Roach), and tell me he didn't change drumming for the good.

And hey, percussion was the first non-bodily instrument, wasn't it?
The post above was created by a computer.
But WormGod helped make it a bit.
Blame any typos on said computer.

Numéro Sept de l'Alliance de Wii
Quote by nashawa
Oliver Sykes

YHEAH MOTHAFU**AAAH! lol
Iam and newbie.
i can play:
and eric clapton - cocaine
whole papa roach - last resort
and the smoke on the water riff
and thats all...
i would say KISS!
Iam and newbie.
i can play:
and eric clapton - cocaine
whole papa roach - last resort
and the smoke on the water riff
and thats all...
I will not go onto classical music because i don't have the knowledge to talk about it.

On music in general The Beatles, on rock and guitar playing Jimi Hendrix.
Are you serious?!?! Bob Dylan has influenced artist and bands like lennon, hendrix, U2, and many more. Proclaimed to be one of the best songwriters off all time.
Ummmmmm.....

If you want to be technical, the most influential musicians in history would be the monks in the catholic church. They founded western music (Which i assume we are talking about).

If there was no Bach, there would be no, well music. Everything starts with Bach. Everything from anything in modern music can be found in Bach's music. Not only is it genius, Every major composer took after him, Mozart, Beethoven, Wagner, Shubert, Ellington. There are so many things that are in his music that affected people who influenced the people you talked about.

If there was no Beethoven, all of you musicians including the greats would only be servants and no musician would be considered an artist, they would be a servant. He is the reason why this site even exists and we can talk about this stuff. Without Beethoven, music isn't considered art.
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
first off. i have to apologize for the whole Beethoven thing. i get pretty fuzzy when it comes to classical music. and i'm changing it from history to this generation like 1900s and up
Peace love and happiness,
Neb
Francesca Caccini. She was the first female composer in 1625 and paved the way for women in the world of music. Without her, bias towards women may have kept them from creating music for decades. In more recent times, I agree with Bob Dylan. Although there is no way Hendrix can go unmentioned in this thread.
Last edited by mpregz at Dec 31, 2009,
Wow, No one on ultimate-GUITAR.com is saying Les Paul?!?!? Without him, the GUITAR wouldn't be half of what it is.
I would say, since TS changed it to 1900's and beyond...

Robert Johnson, just many musicians in the 50's and 60's from what I've read were influenced by him, thus setting off the chain of events that lead to music today
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
I would say Robert Johnson, the originator of the Delta Blues. He was the first musician to really play the blues and almost ALL rock is based loosely on blues. How many thousands of guitarists and bands would not exist today without the blues?
My favorite is Hart, a jazz drummer and educator who has performed with some of the most important jazz musicians in history.
the most influential musicians ever were the tribal bands...without them music wouldnt exist

ima smart guy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ontopic:
I think jimi hendrix
Last edited by Radiation23 at Jan 7, 2010,
^Someone beat you to it.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by KingMe
I would say Robert Johnson, the originator of the Delta Blues. He was the first musician to really play the blues and almost ALL rock is based loosely on blues. How many thousands of guitarists and bands would not exist today without the blues?

Johnson was by no means the originator, he was just damn good. He is definitely extremely influential on modern blues, but on the wider spectrum of rock music not so much.