I am looking for a good multi effects pedal. I will not go over $100 and that is my max. I am willing to go used. I want something with a good distortion and other effects. I wold like an expression pedal, but I dont have to have one. It would be nice if it had a tuner and a drum beat would be nice to thanks.
Gear:

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Thinline
Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
good distortion (even more on a multi-fx unit) and 100$ max in the same sentence? Not gonna work. Maybe a Line6 Pocket Pod would get You decent sounds but that's about it.
I'm not cheap I'm broke
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
so save your money for something good. These things are cheap for a reason.

Also check local pawn shops. I've seen plenty of older multifx pedals cheap at a Cash Converters near my house.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
I dont have any local pawn shops. I know there cheap,but thats what i need something cheap untill I can buy a good one or multiple pedals.
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
a guy i play with occasionally uses an RP255 and it sounds pretty good. I'd say that the RP70, RP90 or RP150 would sound just as good.
Line6 Pod HD500
OK, but keep in mind that if You now buy a cheap one, You will sell for much cheaper, even more what it will be worth. Fool around ebay and/or craigslist and try to find something decent.

I stand by the pod. Not bad and allows You to play with headphones
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
which pod? I was looking at the POD pocket, POD pocket express. And do you know what the Line 6 guitar port xt is?

EDIT: what do you think about ZOOM pedals?
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
Last edited by XtwoheadedboyX at Dec 18, 2009,
I have an RP150 and the supplied presets are dire. So you have to spend some time getting the sounds you want, Then it is not bad at all.
The main thing to remember about MFX is that they are not intended to be a delay, a distortion or whatever, that you can add or remove ad lib.. They are designed to blend these effects to what you want for a given song. Then you can flip from one whole preset to the next. Their greatest value is that your song may require very different settings in different parts. No pedal board is going to let you tweak sounds while you are playing and even doing basic changes can involve an obscene tap-dance.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

The guitar port is to connect your guitar to ur pc and use software for modelling. It's a good option for You actually
These guys are spot on in my opinion.

I have a 90 and a 200, i would have went with the 250 or over for
the plain fact that they have a USB that you can download other
peoples settings and save to yur PC so if you ever have to master reset,
they are backed up.
Also, easier to operate than POD....friend of mine gave me one 'cuz it
was so frustrating...lol
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
But can I use the guitar port for an amp or just thorugh a pc?
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
it's just an interface, so it needs the computer to run effects. But You could run ur computer into the amp and probably blow everything up.

The pod allows for both anyway. (I'm suggesting the pod because I have no experience with the digitech units)
The RP250 is ready to talk to your PC or
Mac® computer: it has a built-in 24-bit 2-
in/2-out USB interface. Lay down tracks
with your favorite multitrack DAW
software. Play back a mix or MP3 cut directly
through your RP250 and jam along
with it. Download a free copy of X-Edit™
Editor/Librarian from www.digitech.
com and customize presets, upload and
download new tones, including those
from magazine web sites and our own
thriving online player community.

there's the ad
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
I think you should forget the Multi. Your not going to be happy and you'll blow $100. Put the money in a jar and everytime you have a dollar put that in there too.When you get about $250 then look in the used market. Or if absolutely have to buy something get a Barber Dirty Bomb or something. At least you'll have something that resembles quality.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I have narrowed it down to these two. The Zoom G1N or the Digitech RP55. And yes i am getting one of these, thats all i need believe me. Which one should I get. And they both have expression pedal outlets, so I was wondering if i got a cheap expression pedal for a keyboard if that would work.
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
I had a Zoom G1 - was a lot of fun.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Zoom is good stuff I have one too. Though I won't go for Multi FX I hate myself for buying it too. BUT it's great to learn what all the FX are and what you really need.
I used to have an RP50... Terrible. It really put a bad taste in my mouth for Multi's

So then I ended up aquiring a ton of pedals, Wah, Tuner, Couple oD/distortions, Chorus, Reverbs. I had a giant pedalboard to carry this all too.

Now I actually spent a little money and tried out the RP500, and its very nice.

Moral of the story. Save up a little and get a good one. In the long run, you will be glad you did.
Ok its done i bought the Zoom G1N online and when I get the money I will start to buy more pedals based on what I need.
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
This is what I'd go for, as they're what I've used in my multi-effect pedal. The real thing is much better than the multi pedal

Remember, opinions are like rectums, everyone has them and they all stink.

First tier
1) Tube Screamer
2) Big Muff
3) Crybaby
4) Pitchblack

Second tier
1) some kind of delay
2) Boosta Grande
3) some kind of EQ
4) Small Clone / Boss CH-1 OR some kind of flanger
5) Holy Grail

Tier, the third
1) some octave pedal
2) some compressor pedal
3) some volume pedal
4) some a/b/y
Line6 Pod HD500
So on the pedal I can use more than one effect at a time right? And for the expression pedal input can i use any expression pedal or do I have to get the one specifically made for this pedal?
Gear:

Galveston clear 5-string
Vox AD30VT
Orange Crush 35B
multi effects at the same time and youll have to use the manufacturers expression pedal. You're honestly better off not buying the zoom expression pedal and saving the money for better pedals or a better multi effects pedal.
Line6 Pod HD500
The RP55: It’s distortion sounds dirty, crackly, and not like a guitar amp except at the most extreme settings, which make it sounds like an old practice amp cranked. Without heavy distortion the emulation has WAY too much bass—it’s like having a broken EQ that doubles the bass volume no matter what you do. The effects aren’t so bad on their own though.
If you want to hear what the distortion sounds like on the Digitech RP-255 versus an analog pedal here's a thread I created.

The differences arent as big as one would think, IMO, judging by how few people have actually guessed:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247707

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)