So I'm starting to find my own style, and mostly everything I write is really funky, so I kinda wanna start listening to more funk bands. Some funk bands I have right now is RHCP, RATM, Lenny Kravitz (some of his stuff is a little funky), Robert Randolph, and, of course, Jimi Hendrix.

So yeah, the title pretty much says it all. Thanks
Ohio Players
Parliament
Funkadelic

pretty much every noise those bands have ever made...
Incubus. You'd LOVE their albums Fungus Amongus and SCIENCE.
Jamiroquai. Their songs are addicting.
Talking Heads
INXS
Mahavishnu Orchestra
--not real "funk" bands, but definitely have "funky" music.
Quote by pastasuit
Ohio Players
Parliament
Funkadelic

pretty much every noise those bands have ever made...

Eh.

I looked them up. Ohio Players and Parliament aren't really the style I'm looking for. Funkadelic was good though.

Think more aggressive, and more rock than those were. More similar to the bands I mentioned in my OP.
Quote by __Ronnie__
Incubus. You'd LOVE their albums Fungus Amongus and SCIENCE.
Jamiroquai. Their songs are addicting.

I have a lot of Incubus' stuff. I never thought of them as funk though, more experimental. But thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to start listening to them more.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I have a lot of Incubus' stuff. I never thought of them as funk though, more experimental. But thanks for pointing that out, I'll try to start listening to them more.

I'll point you in the right direction then. Check out these songs:

Azwethinkweiz
You Will Be A Hot Dancer
Hilikus
Deep Inside
Psychosilocybin
Summer Romance (This one is more on the jazzy song but I think it's still worth pointing out)
Living Colour,the best Funk Rock EVER
Hard Rock,Nu Metal,Trance n Hardstyle lover
strange.

I would never have guessed most of the bands that are being listed as being funk artists. What funk songs are there by Hendrix? And don't say Voodoo Child, as that's not a funk song.

TS, if you want some funk music to listen to that has a modern/rock element to it, I suggest you listen to some 'Infectious Grooves'. It might be a little heavier than what you want as this band has significant metal influences, but I assure you, you'll love it.
Quote by jemjabella42
People look too much into body language. Sometimes I don't make eye contact with people because they are ugly.
anyone?
Quote by jemjabella42
People look too much into body language. Sometimes I don't make eye contact with people because they are ugly.
^ Yeah I agree with you man. Maybe old RHCP can be attributed as funk, but the others can't as much.

Primus are sorta funk, they lean a lot more on the rock and metal elements though. Galactic are a pretty damn good band to check out, they're more Jazz-Funk though but are rather awesome.