Page 3 of 38
The only thing you do with a good whiskey is drink it straight, if you're a bit of a wimp then you may be allowed to put a single piece of ice in it.

No adding coke to a good whiskey, that's what Jack Daniels is for.
I have awesome hair
Balvenie, Talisker, Oban, and anything Isle of Arran for me thank you.

Also, I have a limited Single Malt from the Famout Grouse distillery in Scotland. As part of a celebration they made a single that was matured in Scottish Oak, as opposed to the Spanish Oak regularly used.

It's a lovely little drop, and as a result of purchasing it, my name is now listed on the wall of the distillery.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Balvenie, Talisker, Oban, and anything Isle of Arran for me thank you.

I actually visited the Oban distillery last year, it was totally awesome.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Love whisky, though ive only ever bought it for other people as gifts, an 18yr old Highland Park for the guitar teacher at school, albeit i chipped in with a pal for it, and a 21yr old Glenfarclas for my brothers 21st. Also got a minature of Yamazaki for my gran to give to my brother as part of his cristmas present. Normally i get offered a glass or get some minatures as a present or something.

Personal favourate for me is Laphroaig, because im slightly mad. Never had an Islay i didnt like in my two years of drinking. Only single malt ive had that i wasnt keen on was a 10yr Aberlour i think. There are a few blended malts i like, though theyre usually used for cooking purposes only. (black bottle in a cranachan seems to work nicely).
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I love Jim Beam, Johnny Walker (both in Black Label are best) and Wild Turkey. Chivas Regal is a great fine one. I love drinking Jim Beam, my favourite, straight. Thats how its meant to be.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
The only thing you do with a good whiskey is drink it straight, if you're a bit of a wimp then you may be allowed to put a single piece of ice in it.

A dash of lime juice, squeezed freshly from the fruit, goes really, really nicely with a lot of scotch whiskies.

Then of course there is the rusty nail- a shot of whiskey followed by a shot of whiskey liqeur. My favourite has to be Glen Cairn rusties. The liquer is made from sloe berries and honey. Gorgeous.
Quote by Zeppfreak170

This man speaks the truth.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
A dash of lime juice, squeezed freshly from the fruit, goes really, really nicely with a lot of scotch whiskies.

Then of course there is the rusty nail- a shot of whiskey followed by a shot of whiskey liqeur. My favourite has to be Glen Cairn rusties. The liquer is made from sloe berries and honey. Gorgeous.

Whiskey liqueur? Sounds like schnapps or something
What most whiskey drinkers consider themselves:

What most whiskey drinkers really are:
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
jameson is my main tipple.chivas regal is also sexilicious and iv recently discovered the joy of mulligans whiskey
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
mmmm jameson's...
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Would that juice be added to blended scotch or does it matter?
i used to live right beside the main jim beam distillery. I also hate the taste of any foreign whiskey. if it's not jim beam or jack daniels (both of which I don't like too well, I prefer rum), then i don't drink it.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by twowheels
Personal favourate for me is Laphroaig, because im slightly mad. Never had an Islay i didnt like in my two years of drinking.

Nothing mad about it - Laphroaig is my favourite too, has such a rich, complex flavour.

In terms of water, I think that most single malts between 10 and 15 yo don't need any water added, but if you have a particularly smokey or peaty one, or an older dram, then no more than 10% water just gives the flavours room to expand a bit so that you get the full effect of the whisky and don't just have your palate overpowered by the foremost flavours. Sounds pretentious as hell, but in practice means that you get far more out of your more expensive malts. Cheers
Ceci n'est pas une signature
So I want to get my friend some nice bourbon or scotch ... I'm thinking the $100-$150 range...any advice?
MY favourites have to be Jameson and Chivas Regal. Then the occasional Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam. Anything goes, really, but i must say i prefer Irish whiskey and Scotch.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
I have a question - can whisky go off? there's been several occasions I've had a bottle, drank half of it and when I came back to the other half, It seems to taste different. like, sweet, but not in a nice way.
Quote by jimRH7
I have a question - can whisky go off? there's been several occasions I've had a bottle, drank half of it and when I came back to the other half, It seems to taste different. like, sweet, but not in a nice way.

When opened, yes it can. Oxygen will react with the liquid, and noticeable changes will occur once the bottle reaches about 2/3 full. This takes about two years to really happen though. Unopened bottles will not encounter this problem, but unopened whiskies will not "improve" either. All changes should happen in the cask, and if your unopened, or well stored opened, bottle of whiskey changes it's character from the norm, it's been contaminated.

To correctly store a bottle of whiskey, it must be kept upright, and tipped twice a year or so in order to wet the cork. When opened, replace the cork when not being poured, and ideally create a wax seal.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
When opened, yes it can. Oxygen will react with the liquid, and noticeable changes will occur once the bottle reaches about 2/3 full. This takes about two years to really happen though. Unopened bottles will not encounter this problem, but unopened whiskies will not "improve" either. All changes should happen in the cask, and if your unopened, or well stored opened, bottle of whiskey changes it's character from the norm, it's been contaminated.

To correctly store a bottle of whiskey, it must be kept upright, and tipped twice a year or so in order to wet the cork. When opened, replace the cork when not being poured, and ideally create a wax seal.

All this for a drink?

Christ. Better taste good.
Quote by the1
Do people here not just drink to get drunk?
Goddamn I'm uncultured.

Whiskey is a refined taste that only a few can appreciate. For instance, johnnie walker has a picture of the 'striding man' on it. A man walking forewards, this represents progress and foreward thinking that all good whiskey drinkers can appreciate.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Whiskey is a refined taste that only a few can appreciate. For instance, johnnie walker has a picture of the 'striding man' on it. A man walking forewards, this represents progress and foreward thinking that all good whiskey drinkers can appreciate.

...it's whisky. Not frickin rocket science...

Drinking a drink has nothing to do with foward thinking.
best i ever had was a gift from my gran for my 20th, she bought it when i was born cus it was the same name as me, apparently it was like £5 a bottle but it was by far the best tasting whiskey iv ever had! after that tho id have to say jamesons or jw black.
you can put water in whisky fine.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Just for the sake of reviving this thread.

At the moment I am really enjoying a 12 year old Glenfiddich I bought a couple days ago. Any opinions on that?
Gentlemen...

The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Zoot Allures
Hello there

Since there's the smoking thread wheezing its way along i thought it would be a good idea to make a whiskey thread for those of us who can appreciate the refined taste of a good strong drink.

So, gather round and regale us with storys and wisdom of all the things to do with whiskey!

As for me , i've found out Hitchens was indeed right, Johnnie Walker black is a lovely thing.

Bourbon whiskey is my drink. I can't name a favorite since I love the taste of many different bottles. Pappy van winkle, Elijah craig single barrel, bulleit, four roses, etc. etc.

I don't buy scotch but wouldn't turn it down if given to me. The taste just isn't as good as bourbon to me.
Guild DV-4 Acoustic
Fender Standard Telecaster Ash MIM
Fender Vibro Champ XD
Last edited by schecter30 at Jan 6, 2010,
At Wetherspoons I would always drink Buffalo Trace bourbon with ginger ale. £1.99 all nights of the week. Awesome.

I have not come accustomed to drinking whiskey straight yet though. I should try it with water soon but I am still more of a beer man.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Antis0cial
Just for the sake of reviving this thread.

At the moment I am really enjoying a 12 year old Glenfiddich I bought a couple days ago. Any opinions on that?

That's one of my favourites. It's very good neat, or with equal parts ginger ale.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
Quote by soapalot
That's one of my favourites. It's very good neat, or with equal parts ginger ale.

Probably my all-time favourite. I only drink whiskey pure
I had a cheap bottle of scotch whiskey I kept in a cupboard after opening it for a year or 2. When i went back to drink some more of it I swear it had doubled in strength, it blew my head off.
im gonna be on th jim Beam black label tonight so much win in a 70cl bottle.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
Crown Royal <3...Has brought me some seriously good times and taste a million times better than ****ing vodka
Quote by CE49
Where should a Whisk(e)y noob start?

dont drink it neat.mix it with some white lemonade and avoid jack daniels
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial