Page 4 of 38
Quote by Eggmond
dont drink it neat.mix it with some white lemonade and avoid jack daniels

This is the most important
Quote by Eggmond
dont drink it neat.mix it with some white lemonade and avoid jack daniels

Thanks for the advice!
It's funny that you say not JD coz that's exactly what I would have bought. Any suggestions for what I should get? Got to be a good balance to be well-priced so if I don't like it, it's no big deal but good enough quality that I've got every good chance of liking it.
Last edited by CE49 at Jan 14, 2010,
Jack Daniels is fine if you've drunk it before, IMO.

Bells is very easy to find in the UK, is cheap and tastes pretty damn respectable.

But my personal favourite is Black Bushmills - heavy, but absolutely gorgeous.
In terms of Whisky, I love a good Talisker or a nice wee Highland Park. Both are excellent and I can't recommend them highly enough.
+1 to the bushmills.personally i prefer jameson but bushmills would probably be a better choice if your not used to whiskey
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I've tasted every poison
Broken every bone
I've felt 1000 gunshot wounds

But there's nothing that whiskey can't cure XD
Whiskey? Real men drink whisky.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Add me to the Jim Beam club. Sometimes I get really crazy and drink it from a glass.
Quote by Pretty. Odd.
Whiskey? Real men drink whisky.

fuck scotch.irish whiskey is the nectar of the gods
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Last edited by Eggmond at Jan 15, 2010,
Quote by Rising
I've tasted every poison
Broken every bone
I've felt 1000 gunshot wounds

But there's nothing that whiskey can't cure XD

can cure everything from lack of money to woman trouble xD

Your woman will leave you but jack is always here D:
Quote by CE49
Where should a Whisk(e)y noob start?

I started with straight Jack. Killed any love I had for whiskey for about 7 years. Then my buddy turned me on to Beam+Dr. Pepper. Enjoyable. If I were you, though, I'd start with a blended whiskey (Crown Royal, Seagram's 7) and mix it with Coke or 7up or another soda. The blended types tend to be more mild. Then you can work on scotch, Irish, or bourbon.
Quote by Awfulplayer
I started with straight Jack. Killed any love I had for whiskey for about 7 years. Then my buddy turned me on to Beam+Dr. Pepper. Enjoyable. If I were you, though, I'd start with a blended whiskey (Crown Royal, Seagram's 7) and mix it with Coke or 7up or another soda. The blended types tend to be more mild. Then you can work on scotch, Irish, or bourbon.

I always found mixing it with coke made it taste really really bad :/
I love a guy,
a guy named jack,
does that make me gay?
damnit...i'm gay aren't I?
They think they know who I am....all they know is I love to kill.
No it's alright, I love him too.

Although I quite like his buddy Jim as well.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Talisker is great but I'm really partial to:

lately.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
My favourite Whiskys are:

Laphroaig (sp?)
Talisker
Balvenie

And a few I've picked up at local stores from tiny little distilleries up and down the country.

I've a preference these days for more a more "peaty" taste.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by theguitarist
Talisker is great but I'm really partial to:

Laphroaig15years.jpg

lately.

Its been a while since I had any, in fact its been a while since I had any Whiskey at all
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Islay single malts are heaven. Especially Lagavulin 16

Generally I prefer peatier malts, but I do enjoy a good smooth Glenmorangie 10 or Dalwhinnie 15. At the moment I have a Laphroaig 10 and a Talisker 10, within arms' reach. Both fantastic.

Quote by CE49
Where should a Whisk(e)y noob start?

It depends really since you've got Scotch Whisky, Irish Whiskey and American Bourbon. As you can probably tell from the rest of my post, I'm a Scotch guy, and I don't think I've ever had an Irish or American whiskey that wasn't 'meh'. There's a reason people normally mix JD with coke, because it doesn't taste good enough on it's own!

In therms of Scotch, if you want fairly cheap whisky to try to get into it, then I suppose the common blends are a good place to start. Bells, Grouse and so on. They're nowhere near as good as a nice single malt or the more expensive blends but if you can enjoy them then you can be fairly sure you'll like the better whisky too.

If you're interested in trying to choose a single malt you might like, then maybe this page can help.
Got a bottle of this for Christmas and am slowly working my way through it.

I'd never heard of the Tormore distillery before but it's actually very nice. Has an almost sweet initial taste.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
tried a shot once, made me choke, then spat it out and then threw up in my cup

now that i have said that i will leave
Llama

On

Llama
Currently I have Powers 12 y.o. gold label, Glenlivet 18 yo single malt, Woodford Reserve, Rittenhouse Rye (nobody mentions rye whiskey) and wild turkey 101 sitting on my shelf. For a cheaper bourbon, I can stomach Evan Williams 1783 (86 proof). Drank a fifth of Dewar's with my buddy on Saturday while watching basketball, which isn't bad but not a great blended scotch.

All a matter of taste, but they all taste so good. Not a Jim/Jack/johnny fan (at least, not before blue label John, which is overpriced imo).
Last edited by pak1351 at Mar 1, 2010,
Oddly, one of the best whiskeys' I've had is Sainsburys' own brand whiskey. Don't knock it 'til you tried it. It's about £5.20 for a 350ml bottle.
Oh my goodness, I just found my thread.... *tears*
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
tried some crown royal casket reserve teh other day

DELICIOUS i never want to drink normal CR again, but i will
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
One time I got drunk on whiskey, beat my wife, and then smothered my handicapped son. How dare you bring up that evil substance here on a website for easily misled adolescents.
After reading this thread, I feel so... Primitive.

I only drink to get drunk, and when I do it's almost always Jack Daniel's. I gotta say, it's easily one of the best I've had to drink. Granted, I haven't had much other whiskeys. Besides Jack Daniel's, I usually had Wiser's (Special Blend and De Luxe were alright), R&R (Royal Reserve, but people here call it Rough & Rowdy), Jim Beam, and Crown Royal (worst hang over I've ever had).
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
mmm scotch.

unfortunarly im running dry as i'm broke and all the bottles i got for xmas and my birthday have mysteriously disappeared

personally thus far my favourite would be JW green label. if i could afford it i'd fork out for blue label
Quote by Zoot Allures

As for me , i've found out Hitchens was indeed right, Johnnie Walker black is a lovely thing.

Breakfast of champions.
Jack Daniels if i want to just get hammered. If i actually want to properly enjoy the whiskey, it would have to be Bushmills, Jameson's or Grouse.
That, my friend, was a fail of epic proportions!

The Pit's new name:
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Gentleman's Society for the Careful Discussion of Sensitive Issues, Covering (But Not Limited To) Religion, Politics, Fruit and The Female Form.

MY GOATS WERE CRYING
Quote by jimmyled

Blended FTL. Only Single for me!

YES! I like the Balvenie Double Wood! Soo Good. Also, you MUST try Bushmills 10 year Double Wood... OMG the Best Jerry!
Last edited by SFosterS at Mar 2, 2010,
There is truely no greater hangover cure than taking a massive whiskey shit...

I've never thrown up the morning after, just taken a few vile, burning dumps.
Guitar - The true Religion
Good idea TS!

My fav's...

Regular whiskey's include...

Famous Grouse
Chivas Regal
Glenmorangie
Highland Park

Special Whiskey's include...

Glenfiddich 18 year old reserve (not a fan of the normal 12 yo stuff)
Springbanks (only produce 100 bottles a year)
Johnnie Walker blue label
I have awesome hair
Gentleman who are drinking Jameson and Powers, give Tullamore Dew a try. Just picked up a bottle of the original, and it is superior to both of those normal offerings imho. St. Paddy's Day is coming up...
This thread made me feel an idiot. I love JD, Jamesons & Jim Beam... 'bout it.
On my desk...

Crown Royal
Canadian Mist
Southern Comfort
plus a flask of emergency booze (wild turkey 100 or so)

tried Glenfiddich recently, it was pretty sweet.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master