Page 5 of 38
Quote by jimmyled

Burn the heretic!
Water? Are you out of your mind?! What d you drink, blended?! Humph!

Just so you know, the 'proper' way to drink whiskey (obviously it differs according to your taste, but if you're going to cry 'heretic' at drinking it with water...) is 2 parts water to one part whiskey.

I like my Jack, but not straight mind.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I was reading up on Jameson's and found this: Interestingly, the bar that sells the most Jameson whiskey annually is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA): in 2008, the Local Irish Pub in Minneapolis sold 671 cases of Jameson, 22 bottles a day.

I guess I'll have to make a trip there to keep their numbers up.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Yngwi3
Just so you know, the 'proper' way to drink whiskey (obviously it differs according to your taste, but if you're going to cry 'heretic' at drinking it with water...) is 2 parts water to one part whiskey.

I like my Jack, but not straight mind.

i thought that was only non blended ones to do that with?
Quote by Zoot Allures
Hello there

Since there's the smoking thread wheezing its way along i thought it would be a good idea to make a whiskey thread for those of us who can appreciate the refined taste of a good strong drink.

So, gather round and regale us with storys and wisdom of all the things to do with whiskey!

As for me , i've found out Hitchens was indeed right, Johnnie Walker black is a lovely thing.

Funny I should see this post while looking over the forums.....I'm enjoying some Whiskey right now!

I started enjoying Crown Royal but it's way too high in price so I looked into JD and Evan Williams. I don't taste much difference between these two and both are priced quite differently in my store so I go with the cheaper Evan Williams at around $13 for a fifth.

I usually enjoy whiskey straight....but have it chilled a little in the fridge.
Last edited by moody07747 at Mar 10, 2010,
In honor of this thread, I will partake in some whiskey while lifting weights and listening to some motivational drinking/workout tunes. I hope to be fall down drunk by the end of the workout. Lets hope I don't get hurt.
Cheers!
They think they know who I am....all they know is I love to kill.
Quote by thsrayas
I was reading up on Jameson's and found this: Interestingly, the bar that sells the most Jameson whiskey annually is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA): in 2008, the Local Irish Pub in Minneapolis sold 671 cases of Jameson, 22 bottles a day.

I guess I'll have to make a trip there to keep their numbers up.

Do you have any idea what the bar is called? If you say Blarney I am going to shit my pants.

WyldEdit: Nevermind, found out it is The Local. I may have to stop by and give it a shot.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Last edited by wyldething at Mar 10, 2010,
Quote by hendrixfanatic
What are everyone's thoughts on J&B? It's my go-to whisky for Whisky-coke, but I don't find it very convincing when you drink it straight.
I wanted to try me some Jameson's, how good is that? Pure and/or with coke?

I only had Jameson's once, and I didn't particularly like it. It was just a bit too 'meh' for me, but then that's to be expected I suppose since I tend to drink Islay single malt scotch, which is generally very peaty and smoky, and quite different to most of the so called whisky that people posting here seem to drink.

A tip for everyone - if it's a whisky people mix with coke it's because it doesn't taste good enough on its own. If you have a good whisky then it's sacrilege to mix it with anything except perhaps a few drops of water.

To all the single malt drinkers in this thread - I love you guys!
Quote by hendrixfanatic
What are everyone's thoughts on J&B? It's my go-to whisky for Whisky-coke, but I don't find it very convincing when you drink it straight.
I wanted to try me some Jameson's, how good is that? Pure and/or with coke?

To be honest i've never really enjoyed many whiskys and coke mixes :/ it always just seems to ruin it. I'd rather just have the whisky and coke seperate ...
Soco is the closest thing to whiskey i'll put in my mouth.

There should be a vodka thread.

(don't any of you think of pulling the dick move of starting one I'm the mf king.)
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 11, 2010,
*gasp*

where have you been all my life thread

whisky is the greatest spirit, period.

as a canadian, most of the time I drink rye, CC, Crown Royal, Wisers, Alberta Premium, Gibson's and the like, but I try new varieties whenever I can, as for my favorite, I'm rather partial to Jameson's, I feel it has an almost toffee like taste, so smooth.

I'm going to start trying out different brands of scotch now, as I've worked my way through most of the conventional fare.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
make mine Maker's Mark, it's still my favorite after all these years. JD never agreed with me, but Gentleman Jack and I have had a couple of rounds together.
Quote by barefootboy
make mine Maker's Mark, it's still my favorite after all these years. JD never agreed with me, but Gentleman Jack and I have had a couple of rounds together.

jack daniels is like an old chair though, it's always there if you need it
Quote by Zoot Allures
jack daniels is like an old chair though, it's always there if you need it

This, have any of you guys here ever toured the Jack Daniel's distillery? It pretty inspirational I must say. It also turned me onto Jack Daniel's single barrel, which has now replaced Maker's Mark as my favorite (if im in the mood for some good fine whiskey that is).
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Anyone ever notice that Canadian club pre mixes taste amazing, and the straight stuff is very average?

Must be something to do with the cola they use.

Anyway I'm a Jack Daniels man myself. Gentleman Jack Daniels to be specific. I drink it with ice and water, it's amazing
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
Best. Thread. Ever! JD and GJ are my favourites. I love Irish and Bourbons, but I wasn't overly impressed with Canadian/Rye whiskeys; to be fair, I've only had Crown and Forty Creek in that department. But seriously:

<3
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by ZanasCross
I apparently am an outlier. I think JD is a waste of perfectly good whiskey shelving. The shit it awful. Give me something that has a rich full whiskey flavour instead of that mouthwash anyday.

Jack Daniels is the best. Problem?
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by BeerBlood
Best. Thread. Ever! JD and GJ are my favourites. I love Irish and Bourbons, but I wasn't overly impressed with Canadian/Rye whiskeys; to be fair, I've only had Crown and Forty Creek in that department. But seriously:

I'd suggest hunting down a bottle of Alberta Premium, it's a true, 100% rye whisky, the rest are blends of different grains.

Quote by ZanasCross
I apparently am an outlier. I think JD is a waste of perfectly good whiskey shelving. The shit it awful. Give me something that has a rich full whiskey flavour instead of that mouthwash anyday.

I don't like Jack, at all.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Quote by ZanasCross
But but but... it tastes like bad mouthwash!

I'd even drink BEAM over that. BEAM...! If I'm going to drink whiskey I drink any of these (and not that weak JD stuff):]
Lol I didn't mean I sip Jack like it's a privilege to even taste, it's like, my standard; like coffee in the morning. If I'm going to sip something, I'll take-

Also, if you're not a fan of bourbon you probably won't like it, but a single barrel of Jack might suit you better. I have a NC special edition single barrel bottle signed by the master distiller on my shelf.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Just got a bottle of Glenmorangie Lasanta sherry cask matured. I'll report back once I've wakened up tomorrow afternoon. Also been working on some Talisker 10 and Glenlivet 15. lovely stuff. My favourite Irish is Jamesons and I don't know enough about Canadian / American whiskeys to comment other than that, for me, JD and Beam are mixer drinks rather than drinks to really savour.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
^ yeah I think we are all a little unfamiliar with foreign drinks, I've had basically every major brand of Rye available, but I'm almost totally unfamiliar with Bourbon or Scotch

also, it's spelled Whisky

>_>

<_<
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

if its irish its spelled whiskey
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
if its irish its spelled whiskey

I know, it was a joke.

I find it silly that Ireland and the U.S. use the "e" and Scotland, Canada and a few others don't, seems like such a strange distinction.
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

mmhm whiskey. it doesnt taste very good but theres just somethin about that burn that keeps me comin back. granted im not 21 so i only drink what is probably shitty whiskey to you guys
^ taste is subjective man, I quite like some of the cheap whiskys

if you don't like the taste why drink it though?

go drink a bacardi breezer

jk
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Last edited by Carswell98 at Mar 12, 2010,
Quote by Carswell98
I know, it was a joke.

I find it silly that Ireland and the U.S. use the "e" and Scotland, Canada and a few others don't, seems like such a strange distinction.

Well then, if the Canadians use the correct spelling, then they must make good stuff!

Time to get some more scotch back into this thread

Quote by Carswell98
^ taste is subjective man, I quite like some of the cheap whiskys

if you don't like the taste why drink it though?

go drink a bacardi breezer

jk

ya ive never had a whiskey i didnt like but ive only had Black Velvet, JD, Wild Turkey, Wild Turkey 101, Lord Calumet, Windsor, and Crown(once)
bacardi breezer, you cant get whiskey drunk on that crap
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Well then, if the Canadians use the correct spelling, then they must make good stuff!

there are quite a few Canadian distillers that are Scottish in origin, we actually got in trouble because a Nova Scotia distiller is named "Glen Breton" and the Scottish distillers took offense to the inclusion of the word "Glen"

the company makes scotch, but it isn't called scotch because of where it's made

I'd very much like to try some of this

it's aged in icewine barrels, it's supposed to have a pretty unique taste

and I'm determined to try the Master of Malt 19 year old Tomatin, just because Stephen Fry says it's his favorite
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Kentucky Bourbon.....ooohhhh shit, i love it. Jim Beam and Heaven Hill are pretty damn good.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Canadian Club

I'm the only person I know who drinks whiskey and this is all I drink.

I hang around ****ing pussies!

Seriously though I hate how I have no one to drink a proper drink with
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by naedauuf
I'm the only person I know who drinks whiskey and this is all I drink.

I hang around ****ing pussies!

Seriously though I hate how I have no one to drink a proper drink with

Only one of my friends actually drinks whiskey -_- the rest drink nubcake stuff
The Glenmorangie lasanta was excellent. very rich, full bodied flavour. still prefer Glenlivet 15 though.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
I'm quite partial to the taste and smell of a neat dram of Glenfiddich.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Johnny Walker Black Label.
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever." 1984.