Ok, I need a new amp andive been looking for some for a little now and I need some advice.

I am trying to geet a good metal sound because that's what I mainly play (Metallica, Iron Maiden) but also a good rock and clean tone.

I've been looking at some stuff from randall but I really don't know much about them so...

ps: price range is about $400 USD MAX
Low budget tube amps would do well with a boost pedal id say. Look into, Blackheart, Bugera V series, Blackstar HT-5, etc.
Quote by nickdohle
Low budget tube amps would do well with a boost pedal id say. Look into, Blackheart, Bugera V series, Blackstar HT-5, etc.

i doubt that. any i've tried won't do metal even with a boost (but i haven't tried the ht5, and it might). Something like a valveking might be a better idea, you normally want quite a bit of headroom for metal, anyway.

Quote by chadreed32
don't tube replacements cost like 100 dollars though?

depends on the amp. the low wattage amps with one preamp tube and one power tube, no, but if you're getting into the bigger amps with lots of tubes, and especially if you have to pay someone to bias it for you (again, those single-ended smaller amps don't need to be biased), then yeah, it could easily hit $100.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Rage-258-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481336 You could try this and spend the rest of the money on some good pedals.

Or this and still have enough for 1 or 2 pedals.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Bandit-112-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology?sku=481332

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482910
You could also get this, you wont really need any pedals and it will give you a good sound to work with and it will really help you try to figure out what effects and amp you would want when you start looking in the $800+ range.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by LPstudioWRz28

for metal?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?