Page 1 of 2
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Dusk-Tiger/Video.aspx

I think its horrifically ugly and would prefer a traditional Les Paul to this any day.

What do you think?
Quote by tattyreagh
Isn't it in the US Constitution that you can defecate on any carpets you like. If not then America is not the land of the free.

Quote by vulgarmachine
I like to stuff pizza crust up my bum.
Hey, not bad.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
This guitar looks like utter arse of the highest order.
Wrong forum.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Last edited by Vauxite at Dec 18, 2009,
Seen it already, it's awful.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
actually quite interesting piece of gear,but I wouldn't want to play it there's just too much to mess around with. I like my guitars simple.
I like it. Million times nicer than the robot.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Wrong forum bruah.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Weird pick up choice for a Les Paul I think.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
it really doesn't look that bad.. better than other LPs imo.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
What a coincidence, I prefer almost any guitar to a les paul. I just hate everything about them, from their stupid neck shape that goes from tiny to wayy too thick, to their heavy ass body with shit upper fret access.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
i dunno why gibson insists on going this "technological" direction, because their normal guitars are shit right now, rather then investing in this extremely expensive garbage that barely anybody wants, fix what people do want and invest in quality control for the affordable guitars.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I saw this on the UG front page awhile ago and everyone said they hated it
to be honest I like it more than a tradition LP
Quote by JimmyBanks6
i dunno why gibson insists on going this "technological" direction, because their normal guitars are shit right now, rather then investing in this extremely expensive garbage that barely anybody wants, fix what people do want and invest in quality control for the affordable guitars.

yeah because Gibson has always been about the affordable guitars.

Gibson has always been a company that attempts new things, and with technology progressing the way it is, it's only a matter of time before 'traditional' electric guitars become obsolete.

For some reason guitarists fear technology as if it will somehow ruin the traditions of the instrument. The funny thing is, most of you play electric guitars.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Gibson has always been a company that attempts new things, and with technology progressing the way it is, it's only a matter of time before 'traditional' electric guitars become obsolete.

For some reason guitarists fear technology as if it will somehow ruin the traditions of the instrument. The funny thing is, most of you play electric guitars.

+1

gibson were slated for the Flying V and SG models. Now they are a few of the staples of rock guitar choices. This tech approach is the next natural progression to allow for greater creativity and manipulation of sound.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

From what I've heard there's a really, really shitty executive that calls pretty much all of the shots at Gibson right now.

Apparently he's a douche and has cut down on quality control to fabricate more money for advertising and worthless garbage like this Dusk Tiger abomination.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
also I'd like to ask, how many people think the dusk tiger is doomed to failure whilst liking the Flying V?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

nah you read what i meant wrong

i have no problem with automatic tuning guitars, and technology being placed into them, they seem pretty cool,

what i mean is instead of investing in this guitar that only a few select people are going to buy, they should be investing in quality control for their standard guitars, i would love a gibson, but im not going to shell out over 1k$ for sumthing when its quality has issues, and i have a good assumption most people will be looking for a standard les paul over the dusk tiger anyways. when spending the amount of money for a Gibson headstock, every guitar should be immaculate.

the amount of investment in coming up with a whole new design is ridiculously high, rather then wasting that money on something which will be looked at as more of a collectors guitar, fix the problems with the highly sought after studio and standards quality problems

/meh that post came out long my bad

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
nah you read what i meant wrong

i have no problem with automatic tuning guitars, and technology being placed into them, they seem pretty cool,

what i mean is instead of investing in this retarded guitar that only a few select people are going to buy, they should be investing in quality control for their standard guitars, i would love a gibson, but im not going to shell out over 1k$ for sumthing when its quality has issues, and i have a good assumption most people will be looking for a standard les paul over the dusk tiger anyways. when spending the amount of money for a Gibson headstock, every guitar should be immaculate.

the amount of investment in coming up with a whole new design is ridiculously high, rather then wasting that money on something which will be looked at as more of a collectors guitar, fix the problems with the highly sought after studio and standards quality problems

/meh that post came out long my bad

...or attempt to get a headstart and corner an upcoming market before anyone else gets there.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
...or attempt to get a headstart and corner an upcoming market before anyone else gets there.

or they could attempt to do both at the same time?

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
they can't do both.

they can't give up on one to concentrate on the other AND do the other.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
they can't do both.

they can't give up on one to concentrate on the other AND do the other.

lol you knew what i meant

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
you mean work on new stuff and attempt to improve quality control?

how do you know they're not doing that?

and if they can still sell units at that price with that quality control why should they improve it?

Quote by element4433
Quote by R74NOGRADY
I think it's ugly and shitty, but i love the idea of tunning by turning one knob!

ya, me too
Quote by tattyreagh
Isn't it in the US Constitution that you can defecate on any carpets you like. If not then America is not the land of the free.

Quote by vulgarmachine
I like to stuff pizza crust up my bum.
What's with Gibson and these stupid Robot guitars? They are pretty dumb, people should know how to tune by ear by that point. And if you say "oh well beginners can't tune by ear ololo" well beginners shouldn't spend $3000 on a guitar either. And if you argue "well what about on stage?" it takes a $50 pedal tuner and literally 1 minute if that to tune on stage.

If you are willing to spend $3000 on a guitar you should be good enough by that point to be able to tune by ear. And you'd probably be better off with something you know.. good.
Last edited by naedauuf at Dec 18, 2009,
People always say "Well they're always taking risks, Explorer, V, SG, blah blah blah" But honestly I see a really big difference in making "radical" shapes and throwing a floopplin CPU in a guitar.
I played three different ones this afternoon at GC in Boston. I love the way they look in person the guitar actually felt nice and did sound decent but it's another robot guitar too much to go wrong in the future. I also played a Dark Fire basically the same feel and sound. I wouldn't recommend either unless you want some gimmicky guitar.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Dec 19, 2009,
I like it...saw the pics and videos...if I had the extra $5k I would be ordering it today...I told my wife about it
I think it looks alright. I'd take regular LP over it any day though
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Oh look, another thread on this.

I think it's horrifically ugly as well. I also have no use for it. But it's not like there's something objectively wrong with it; I have no problem with the principle of the thing.
better than the holy v and holy explorer!!
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
I kinda dig it, I just don't like the Auto-tuning deal.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by McLeod
I kinda dig it, I just don't like the Auto-tuning deal.

kanye west should be all over this guitar
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
I don't get what the big deal is. If it had a different name on the headstock, no one would complain. Just look at the Moog guitar. I haven't heard one complaint about it and it's constantly praised and wins awards. But as soon as Gibson makes a guitar that tunes itself and has special pickups, it's a huge mistake.

When someone makes a song that changes tuning and tone dramatically mid-song, then we'll all want one. The thing about these technologically advanced guitars is that they can change the way we play guitar. It can really open up new possibilities. The "can" is the key word since you can play them like a traditional guitar if you want but the innovation is there. Maybe you're fine using the guitar the same way that they've been used for 60 years and that's completely fine, but these guitars exist for the innovative people out there. They open a whole new range of creativity for the people who are willing to experiment and actually use the new technology.
Page 1 of 2