Is the most annoying thing ever.
In an exam today I had a question on children falling off swings and how much force is exerted on their head by the ground, i'm sure most people found this funny but I managed to find it so funny I did a half snort, half chuckle noise in the middle of the exam hall and then tried to cover it up by sniffing.
I do this loads, in the most unsuitable situations. I think of a joke i've heard or something funny on TV and chuckle or laugh out loud in public. Sometimes the humour manifests in a grin that makes me look like i'm about to rape the next person to walk past...

Anyway, enough rambling What are your ways of keeping back laughter? Or just trying not to grin or chuckle at awkward moments because of a funny memory?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Dec 18, 2009,
Yeah, I'm always thinking of amusing stuff. The kids in the younger grades at school hate me because I walk around all the time with this big, stupid smile on my face that shows my teeth and everything.

When I'm in danger of laughing in public, I take out my phone and pretend I'm laughing at a text.
XIAOXI
I tend to just laugh. I'm terrible at holding any kind of laughter in.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
I just laugh. I'm sure this happens to most people, I can't understand why people always look at you as if you're insane when it's undoubtedly happened to them at some point.

EDIT: Shit, has anyone seen that episode of 15 Storeys High, where Sean Lock tries to turn his shitty holiday into a good anecdote, and writes that "I hailed a cab from a one-eyed Moroccan" story? I laughed for a whole day at that.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Dec 18, 2009,
Quote by hugh20
In an exam today I had a question on children falling off swings and how much force is exerted on their head by the ground, i'm sure most people found this funny but I managed to find it so funny I did a half snort, half chuckle noise in the middle of the exam hall and then tried to cover it up by sniffing.

that made me lol and yh ive had this, like before i was ina pretty important exam and looked at my mate and i burst out lauging for no reason, and theres always things that i think about that make me laugh that noone else would understand

the way to solve the problem? laugh it off
crypticslaughtr wrote:
WOOT WOOT HIT THE LIGHTS!!! I LOVE MEGADETH!!!!11111

I pay for my music
Quote by hugh20
I do this loads, in the most unsuitable situations. I think of a joke i've heard or something funny on TV and chuckle or laugh out loud in public. Sometimes the humour manifests in a grin that makes me look like i'm about to rape the next person to walk past...

Anyway, enough rambling What are your ways of keeping back laughter? Or just trying not to grin or chuckle at awkward moments because of a funny memory?

I just died laughing. My family is staring at me...
That happens to me sometimes, it's mildly embarrassing, because people just sort of... Look at you... And stare at you...

And judge you...
hahah yeah thats happens to me a lot. Just walking, minding my own then thinking of something from a while ago and eventually starting to laugh. I lolled hard at the 'raping grin'
RIG
Guitars:
Fender American Strat
Carvin Bolt
Aria Fa 71
Epiphone Les Paul
Yamaha FG700S

Amps:
Hughes and Kettner Trilogy Half Stack
Marshall MG *hides*

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by JAZZ_MAN919 at Dec 18, 2009,
Dude that always happens to me at THE worst time. When I was little and at school meetings or whatever where everyone had to be silent, thats when I would think of one little funny thing and it was all over.
I hate when I'm at work - I sometimes bag groceries for customers and when I do that I'll just turn my brain off and start randomly thinking about the past then I remember something funny and I just bust out laughing everyone looks at me while I'm laughing and bagging their groceries.

It's ackward.
Quote by crazy8rgood
That happens to me sometimes, it's mildly embarrassing, because people just sort of... Look at you... And stare at you...

And judge you...

How dare he find joy in life. Shun!

Who gives a crap, laugh. Nobody hates to see a smile.
you dont wanna laugh? think of eating dead puppies

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
I do it constantly,and in situations where laughter is extremely uncalled for.

Example:About a year ago my girls dad slipped on some ice and broke his hip.Now,that's a bad thing,and there's nothing funny about it,but when she told me the story I imagined him falling to the music used in Benny Hill skits and burst out laughing like a moron.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

on a set of physics questions, there was a scenario where a woman sitting in an office chair, had a force exerted on her where she went a distance of 18 meters at a velocity of 54 m/s.

54 m/s!!! thats nearly 200km/h! what the hell could hit someone in a chair that'd propel them at those kinds of speeds?! C4?!

turned out it was a typo.. but a good one nonetheless.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Pr0gNut
I do it constantly,and in situations where laughter is extremely uncalled for.

Example:About a year ago my girls dad slipped on some ice and broke his hip.Now,that's a bad thing,and there's nothing funny about it,but when she told me the story I imagined him falling to the music used in Benny Hill skits and burst out laughing like a moron.

Just...

Quote by Kivarenn82
on a set of physics questions, there was a scenario where a woman sitting in an office chair, had a force exerted on her where she went a distance of 18 meters at a velocity of 54 m/s.

54 m/s!!! thats nearly 200km/h! what the hell could hit someone in a chair that'd propel them at those kinds of speeds?! C4?!

turned out it was a typo.. but a good one nonetheless.

Demolition mishap maybe?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Yesterday at work during a meeting I thought of a joke that I read on here. Something like "whats black, red, and screaming? stevie wonder answering the iron" Everyone turned around and looked at me.
Quote by creelers

Just...

This is the exact conversation:

Her: I just got off the phone with my mom and she said dad fell and broke his hip.I'm so worried,I hope he'll be ok.

Me: Oh wow babe,that's....

*Benny Hill music plays in my head*

Me :

Her: :.....

The worst part about those situations is that even if you explain them you still look like an asshole.Her dad is in the hospital and I'm looping his accident to comical music in my head.

i laugh when my parents yell at me. i'm trying to hold it back then i laugh uncontrolably and get into more trouble.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
i just got a great idea! i think i might want to set up a blog somewhere because i have a lot of great ideas to share. would you guys read it if i did?
trolling the pit since Aug 09^
My little brother got pissed at my mom, yelled at her, turned around, and fell face first into the wall. I laughed for 10 minutes strait.