Page 1 of 3
Do you guys know any musicians who actually reply back when you email them, message, comment, etc...?

I've only had the singer from Atheist and the guitarists from Throw The Fight (some alternative band made big on myspace haha) reply to me.

What about you?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Brian Williams of Lustmord is very active on forums and such. Niklas Sundin too if I remember rightly. And a couple of less known bands reply to comments on their youtube videos and suchlike.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Any small band that isn't full of themselves yet...

i've talked to the guys in the Have Nots a lot over myspace as well as after their set
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I´ve gotten replies from some decently big local bands, and a band called Sabachthani, who aren´t signed though. So, yeah, not from any big names.

EDIT: oh yeah, Anders Jacobsson of Draconian is quite active on their forums.
Last edited by descara at Dec 18, 2009,
I hear Mikael Akerfeldt is pretty active on the Opeth forum.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
I don't want to personally interact with them. I want the only connection to be the music. Anything else I find weird and inappropriate.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
SRV's guitar tech replied to my question.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I talked to Paul Mazcurkiewich (or whatever, drummer from Cannibal Corpse) the other day over facebook. He seemed pretty cool.
The bassist from the Twilight Sad dropped me an email apologising for the poor state of their online store when I couldn't get a T Shirt I'd ordered, and gave me a copy of their second album. I think he runs the online store himself.
Not really a musician but Slash's tech, Adam Day, replied to a couple of Slash's rig questions I had. He's actually a very nice a calm fellow to talk to.
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Henry Rollins replies to everything. Great guy.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hand Solo... got it?

Hand... Solo!

*makes fapping movement*

aww forget it.
i noticed on twitter slash replies to a lot of fans so i messaged him to see if he would reply
GENERIC SIGNATURE
Tons of MySpace musicians.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by entity0009
Brian Williams of Lustmord is very active on forums and such. Niklas Sundin too if I remember rightly. And a couple of less known bands reply to comments on their youtube videos and suchlike.

Ooh, which forums?

Tim Charles and Xenoyr (Ne Obliviscaris) posts on UG but usually for band updates.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
Any small band that isn't full of themselves yet...

i've talked to the guys in the Have Nots a lot over myspace as well as after their set

Well you try having millions of fans and replying to all their mails...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Cianyx
Ooh, which forums?

Tim Charles and Xenoyr (Ne Obliviscaris) posts on UG but usually for band updates.

Brian's mostly around the lustmord forums, he gives a lot of tips about making music in general and all that, and Niklas is on the Ultimate Metal forums, goes under Caotico I think.
🙈 🙉 🙊
i give my email to Nick Dika of the arkells after one of there shows in peterborough,i ask him if he could tab out one of there songs for me,about two weeks later he send me the tabs
Quote by airport
i give my email to Nick Dika of the arkells after one of there shows in peterborough,i ask him if he could tab out one of there songs for me,about two weeks later he send me the tabs

I just checked them out. They make good music.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
The guitarist from Viraemia. Richard from Lyrinx. Can't really think of any others at the moment.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I remember reading about someone on here who was friends with John Mayer on Myspace before he got really big and would talk to him every now and then.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Kliph Scurlock of the Flaming Lips is pretty active on the Flaming Lips forums

i sent an email to the Flying Tourbillion Orchestra about how much i liked their album but couldn't find it anywhere to buy. so they sent me a signed copy for free.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I remember reading about someone on here who was friends with John Mayer on Myspace before he got really big and would talk to him every now and then.

That's pretty awesome. John Mayer is one of my favorite pop-ish musicians.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Paolo Gregoletto from trivium
so does Nick Augusto from Maruta / Trivium
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
I've had a reply from Marty Friedman before, real down to earth guy.
My Last.FM

"The more you think, the better you're going to play. That should be a quote somewhere."
- Marty Friedman
Brian May.

He replied to an email I sent him.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I've talked to Matt Pless a bit over Myspace before.
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by RockGuitar92
That's pretty awesome. John Mayer is one of my favorite pop-ish musicians.

Agreed. I don't really care for his studio work, but if I see his live concerts on tv I always watch them. He's very talented.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
The members of Cannibal Corpse have their own forum, so I'd imagine that they would respond quickly to their emails and such.
I've emailed Paul Gilbert quite a few times. That fool never replies though. I told him if I ever got a chance to meet him, I'd insist on buying him lunch.
Quote by skaterskagg1
I've emailed Paul Gilbert quite a few times. That fool never replies though. I told him if I ever got a chance to meet him, I'd insist on buying him lunch.

Creepy... I can see why he wont reply to you.
Page 1 of 3