Really, I think there needs to be a thread for playing like a pro, and please anyone post what they want to here. Just simply have fun with this thread. PLEASE POST ALL YOU KNOW!!!!!
Tapping for example. Try this: Hold down your B String on the 5th Fret. Move yur hand up the neck and go to the twelvth fret. Pick the the B String while your on the 5th Fret, then hammer on the thwelvth fret. Try that and see if that improves your play skills!
Arpeggio. Sounds cool, and it's fun to play, so try this:

|---12---8-------12--8--------12--8-------11--8--------11--8-------------|
|------------10-----------10-----------10-----------10------------10--------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Just try it over and over and over, to get a hang of it, if your a newbie.
This should probably be in the techniques forum if anything.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
A professional is someone who provides their income through playing music. Your question is so vague, and there is no simple answers. Different professionals play different ways. Alot of their professionalism isn't from the music, its from being good people to work with (easy going, punctual, etc..).
to play like a "pro" being able to play whatever your playing perfectly, with minimal string noise and such, and with almost no mistakes, while flawlessly covering any mistakes is much more important than what you're playing. It's not so much about using cool or difficult techniques, it's about using whatever techniques perfectly.

and this thread would probably do better in guitar techniques. Musician talk is for music theory.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 18, 2009,
well, as soon as people buy any of your music or you get money to play your music, you are a pro and therfor are playing like a pro
Quote by exect4500
practice /thread.
This.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by rockernroller
Really, I think there needs to be a thread for playing like a pro, and please anyone post what they want to here. Just simply have fun with this thread. PLEASE POST ALL YOU KNOW!!!!!
This is so wide in scope that it becomes meaningless as a thread. I can't see this being much more than a spam-trap.

Quote by RockGuitar92
This should probably be in the techniques forum if anything.
This ^

Heavy on the "if anything part".

It's still too broad of a subject to just re-post there.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.