Yes, the AC100 will be great for pretty much everything you listed except metal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
i had that head for a little while, and It kept breaking down on me, and If your getting it to sound like a ac30, it doesnt really sound like one, but its a decent head and at a good price, but do you need 100 watts, id just get the 50
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Winman9999
i had that head for a little while, and It kept breaking down on me, and If your getting it to sound like a ac30, it doesnt really sound like one, but its a decent head and at a good price, but do you need 100 watts, id just get the 50

I Need it to fill a stage.. a pretty big one.. and i need it to fill bars and cafes
Im not looking for something fancy, i just want something that gets the job done
Green day.. Rammstein... I have weird musical taste
I've heard good things about that particular Vox, but I would suggest that you look at a Carvin V3, given that it fits your price range. It will handle anything you throw at it and it is louder than you will ever need it to be.
Just get the 50 watt, unless you're playing football stadiums you don't need much more than 50 watts. Also, the Vox isn't gonna handle metal all that well all by itself. You'll need a distortion pedal to go along with it. I suggest a EH Metal Muff.
I'd get a jcm 900.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Partscaster
Bugera 6262
Jcm900 1960A
Quote by jay3213
I Need it to fill a stage.. a pretty big one.. and i need it to fill bars and cafes
Im not looking for something fancy, i just want something that gets the job done

dude you in absolutely NO way need a 100 watt amp for anything you just described. I just filled an entire school gym with 700 people this afternoon, and i was using a 30 watt AC30H2L. I was overpowering my rhythm guitarist who plays a JCM900, and a bassist with a 250 traynor bass amp. i was asked to turn it down numerous times... and it's only 30 watts. hell for your needs of bars and cafes i would go with the AC15. have you ever had a tube amp before? they are 3x louder than solid state amps.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 19, 2009,
He could actually need the headroom, wattage isn't about volume. Some people need the clean headroom. Also, not everyone likes pushing their power tubes hard.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
He could actually need the headroom, wattage isn't about volume. Some people need the clean headroom. Also, not everyone likes pushing their power tubes hard.

Quote by jay3213
Punk,Metal,Blues,Alternative

doesn't sound like a very "clean" genre list to me.

and that is besides the point, I cannot even begin to tell you how deceiving the "30 watts" of an AC30 is. especially one without a master volume. they are knock-the-paint-off-your-walls loud, and take a while to break up. and TS is planning on bars and cafes, like i just said, i was just asked 4 times this afternoon to turn my amp down in a gym that held 700 people. you never need more than 30 watts for TS's plans
Id reccomend a used Peavey JSX head. Lots of versatility and packed with tone. You can get one used for 700, maybe brand new for under a grand.
Hundred watts is too much, but actually that vox have a lot of gain seriously, you could play some 80's metal without problem, wonder what you can do with an overdrive.
A used Line 6 Flextone would be well suited and sound amazing.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
A used Line 6 Flextone would be well suited and sound amazing.

Maybe a Vetta or a HD147 too.
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
dont get that VOX. its a good amp but not for ur styles.

get a Marshall JCM 900 or JCM 2000 DSL 50 or wait for the Marshall Ma50 to be released.
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/marshall-ma50h-guitar-valve-amp-head--67733
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
dude you in absolutely NO way need a 100 watt amp for anything you just described. I just filled an entire school gym with 700 people this afternoon, and i was using a 30 watt AC30H2L. I was overpowering my rhythm guitarist who plays a JCM900, and a bassist with a 250 traynor bass amp. i was asked to turn it down numerous times... and it's only 30 watts. hell for your needs of bars and cafes i would go with the AC15. have you ever had a tube amp before? they are 3x louder than solid state amps.

You can make a pair of KT88s push out 15db (100 watts for two KT88s in AB, push pull)

Watts don't equal volume at all. Watts is power, but i've played through many amps rated at 50 watts that didn't really punch out a lot of decibels...

Vox amps are loud yes. But you're not pushing 30 watts with the volume winded up all the way, you're doing around 90 with 4 EL84s maxed out.

I'm sure the JCM900 guy used preamp gain and not poweramp gain for what ever he played, and the 900 series are a quite amps...
Quote by Shiromar
Maybe a Vetta or a HD147 too.

i thought you could get a new flextone for that price:P
not sure abotu vetta if he could it'd be worth it
only look into the HD147 if you can try it
it's a really subjective head one guy in a store thought it sounded better as good as a vetta the other thought it sounded like an overpriced spider so i really suggest trying it out

also 50 watts is definately enough
how about a used tsl60? or dsl50?
Gear
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400 White
Line 6 Flextone III+
Line 6 Spider III 120 (for sale £90)
Quote by stykerwolf
You can make a pair of KT88s push out 15db (100 watts for two KT88s in AB, push pull)

Watts don't equal volume at all. Watts is power, but i've played through many amps rated at 50 watts that didn't really punch out a lot of decibels...

Vox amps are loud yes. But you're not pushing 30 watts with the volume winded up all the way, you're doing around 90 with 4 EL84s maxed out.

I'm sure the JCM900 guy used preamp gain and not poweramp gain for what ever he played, and the 900 series are a quite amps...

watts dont equal volume, but they do equal headroom. thats the issue. he is not looking for a clean tone, he wants overdrive. a 100 watt vox amp is going to be ball blisteringly loud before it starts breaking up, which is very unsuitable for a cafe or bar setting.
i didn't like the one i tried, at all. i can't remember if i tried the 100 watter, or the 50, and i think i tried the combo version, but yeah, i didn't like it, at all.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You don't need to fill the venue directly from the guitar amp itself, in fact if you do that the mixer will throw beer cans at you. What you need is a good sound that is loud enough to hear ON STAGE over the drummer (and even then you can put it through the foldback).
If I were you I'd look for a 50W JCM900. Even that is overkill but would suit what you play nicely.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification