So I dont know if anyone else has heard of this, but I saw this while browsing Guitarcenter's Site, and it made me wonder why have a 200W amp, if you're only gonna give it one 6.5 inch speaker, the logic doesnt quite work for me... Explain?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ZT-Lunchbox-200W-1x6-5-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105497689-i1475411.gc
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

*bursts out laughing*
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
That's what I though too..
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
There's a market for loud and cheap amps. I imagine that that one would do pretty well for garage blues and such.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
There's a market for loud and cheap amps. I imagine that that one would do pretty well for garage blues and such.

I just cant imagine getting a very full sound from a 6.5 inch speaker.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

it would make sense if it has an external jack to hook up cabinets for gigs, then you could just hook it up and use it as a head. But if your just practicing you already have a little speaker so no need to hook everything up.
ESP Eclipse (in snow white)
Orange Tiny Terror
A speakers size has no impact on it's quality.
Some people like the way smaller speakers spread sound.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Lol, i wanna play trough it, you never know, it might sound amazing, or like shit, i dont know but i wanna find out
200 watts through a 6 1/2-inch speaker??!! Someone must have been smoking some serious weed!

They had ought to have a competition to see how long you can play it at full volume before the speaker blows.
Quote by Jarrad100
it would make sense if it has an external jack to hook up cabinets for gigs, then you could just hook it up and use it as a head. But if your just practicing you already have a little speaker so no need to hook everything up.

It has an external speaker jack and a headphone jack.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. A loud, clean, cheap, small amp. Perfect canvas for pedals. This sorta thing seems pretty ideal for a budget-minded guitarist who's more clean than dirty.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Jazz. And portable MP3 platform.
+1 to Raijouta and Goolz. It looks like a pretty killer small Jazz gig amp. I wanna try one.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I played one a few weeks ago, it sounded pretty bad. It didn't work well for jazz, too thin sounding probably due to the tiny speaker. If you really have to have a portable amp, I guess it could work, but it sounded quite awful.
Yeah im guessing with a speaker like that it pretty much sounds exactly like watching the video on my laptop as it does IRL
Quote by Roc8995
I played one a few weeks ago, it sounded pretty bad. It didn't work well for jazz, too thin sounding probably due to the tiny speaker. If you really have to have a portable amp, I guess it could work, but it sounded quite awful.

I guess my guess was wrong.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Yeah, it does sound pretty bad. No better than my MG, actually...

From what I've read, running an OD in front helps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by mmolteratx

I guess my guess was wrong.

There's no shame in that, I guessed the same thing, since a lot of the nicer jazz amps are high wattage, small speaker deals. This isn't one of them, apparently.
portable and loud? Plus. some people like small speakers. Gives it a bit of punchiness and less bass.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by sfx
The product maker does not even have the decency to tell you what tubes they're using if any.

I would not buy from these guys, not honest. They've got something to hide.

It's 200 watts and takes up less than a cubic foot of space, including the speaker. What the fuck do you think genius? It even says diode overdrive on the website. Not everything is a conspiracy.

EDIT: He deleted his post.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Dec 19, 2009,
"Packing 200W of power, the ZT Lunchbox has enough output for a jam or live gig. The Lunchbox amp's world-class tone has pros using it in the studio as well as onstage."
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15