Trying to find a cheap guitar (around $500) thats lightweight and will give me alot of highs (sort of like Opt Ivy). I already know about the standard strat, I'm just curious if there were anymore suggestions.
What type of bridge?
How many frets?
What type of neck joint?
What pickup layout?
What woods?
Anything else?
And what did you mean by 'give me a lot of highs'?
Quote by Sabbath55
Trying to find a cheap guitar (around $500) thats lightweight and will give me alot of highs (sort of like Opt Ivy). I already know about the standard strat, I'm just curious if there were anymore suggestions.

Hehe.

But for real, specifics?
check out the epi sg's the g400 line is pretty good and theyre really lightwieght. If your interested in highs the guitar will help, but thats more in your amp... but yea, the sg is pretty balanced sounding with more highs than a les paul, so it would be right up your alley. Theyre like 300-400 depending on the model, but theyre much cheaper used.
What type of bridge?
How many frets?
What type of neck joint?
What pickup layout?
What woods?
Anything else?

Not really looking for anything in specific, just something that light, affordable, and high in treble. I know aldar is a light, high sounding wood but its usually found in strats and i want to try other similar guitars to hear their sound.
Quote by Sabbath55
Not really looking for anything in specific, just something that light, affordable, and high in treble. I know aldar is a light, high sounding wood but its usually found in strats and i want to try other similar guitars to hear their sound.

I'm just going to sound like a douchebag right here but that isn't useful much. Sorry but I just had to get that off my chest. Anyway if you really don't know what you want then I'd say screw the thread and go visit a guitar store and try any guitar you can, try to remember model names and see what you liked about them and try and put them all into one guitar if possible.